Creighton University Department of Campus Recreation Mission Statement
The Department of Campus Recreation provides an enhanced University experience and encourages healthy life styles by delivering quality programs and services to the Creighton community.
To accomplish this:
- Delivers activities in a safe, clean, accessible, and enjoyable environment.
- Provides a variety of health, fitness, wellness, and competitive opportunities for participants.
- Cultivates leadership opportunities to develop students.
- Contributes positively to the University's mission.
Committed to Diversity
Campus Recreation, a unit within the Division of Student Services, is committed to many forms of health, wellness, and recreation. This also includes supporting various cultural organizations, events, and initiatives on campus and for the greater Omaha community. Here is a listing of some of our efforts currently in support of creating a welcoming, diverse community at Creighton.
Annual Traditions supported by Campus Recreation
- The Native American Pow-Wow: This annual event is presented by the Office of Multicultural Affairs and is held, free of charge, in our Kiewit Fitness Center. This annual event draws students, faculty, staff, and visitors onto the Creighton campus for an all-day celebration.
- Cultural Student Organizations: Each year our Campus Recreation staff work with the various cultural student organizations to provide them with critical practice space for their annual banquet performances. Dance rooms and other practice spaces can be reserved for a minimal booking fee through our main Campus Recreation office.
- Trio Programs/Upward Bound/Ad Astra: Each summer the Campus Recreation staff host a number of programs in the Kiewit Fitness Center aimed at assisting youth with topics from recreation, health and wellness, and teamwork.
- Special Olympics: This annual event has full run of the facility in the summer and one day in the Spring at no cost to them (20+ years tradition).
While the KFC isn't totally handicap accessible the gym and weight room are accessible. We offer men's and women's and co-recreational Intramural Sports. Additionally, the Campus Recreation staff has hosted numerous one-time events in the Kiewit Fitness Center such as Martin Luther King, Jr. speakers, sports of various cultural traditions, and campus events celebrating the rich diversity on the Creighton campus.