Harassment, Discrimination and Grievance Procedure
In accord with its history, mission and credo, Creighton University believes that each individual should be treated with respect and dignity and that any form of harassment and/or discrimination is a violation of human dignity. The University condemns harassment and discrimination and maintains a “zero-tolerance” for harassment and/or discrimination. Students, faculty, and staff have the right to work and learn free of harassment and discrimination. The University will take all reasonable efforts to prevent and promptly correct instances of harassment or discrimination. Additionally, students, faculty and staff have the right to a structured process for resolving problems, complaints or grievances relating to the execution of institutional policies. The purpose of this policy is:
- To communicate the mechanisms for investigating complaints in a manner that reasonably protects the privacy of individuals involved in situations of alleged harassment and/or discrimination and grievances;
- To ensure the provision of equal employment and educational opportunities to faculty, staff, students and applicants for such opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, veteran status, and any other groups protected by federal, state or local statutes;
- To protect all those involved who report or provide information related to harassment, discrimination, and/or grievances from retaliation of any kind;
- To set forth guidance for preventing harassment and/or discrimination;
- To take timely corrective action when harassment and/or discrimination is alleged to have occurred;
- To ensure that students, faculty and staff have the opportunity to present grievances to the University regarding a certain action(s) perceived to be in violation of institutional policies by a member of the University community; and
- To establish a consistent process for resolving complaints of harassment and/or discrimination and grievances in a fair and just manner.
There are several resources available to individuals on this site including a copy of the Harassment, Discrimination and Grievance Policy. If you have questions or if you are in need of additional information contact the Office of Equity and Inclusion at 402.280.3189.