Ricardo Ariza, M.S.W., Director – Office of Multicultural Affairs
Ricardo is a native of South Omaha and graduated from South High School in 1977. He graduated from the University of Nebraska Omaha with his Bachelors in Social Work (1982) and Masters Degree in Social Work (1993).
Ricardo and his wife Patricia have been married for 28 years and have a 15 year-old daughter Felicia who attends Mercy High School and 9 year old son Gabriel who attends All Saints Catholic School.
He is in his 16th year of employment at Creighton University and is the first Director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs. Currently serves as the organizational moderator for the Multicultural Advisory Council and the Native American Student Association.
Ricardo is actively involved in the following activities:
- Board Member, Catholic Migrant Farmworker Network, 2007-present
- Board Member, Boys and Girls Clubs of Omaha
- Member and Co-Founder, Nebraska Migrant Action Coalition
- Member, Racial Healing Assessment Team in conjunction with Kellogg Foundation Grant
- Chairman, Creighton University Student Services Diversity Action Team: Initiatives in Diversity Education and Action
- Member, Creighton University President’s Diversity Coordinating Committee.
- Member and Past National Chairman, Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities Conference on Multicultural Affairs, 2006-2008
- Member, NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education, 2010
- Member, Latino Achievement Council – Omaha Public Schools
- Annual “Reader” for the Gates Millennium Scholarship Program
Phone: (402) 280-2469 E-mail: email@example.com