Leadership and Learning
There are several leadership programs on campus, depending on your interest and skill level. For more information on leadership programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emerging Leaders Programs - The Student Activities Office has a variety of programs for emerging leaders on campus, primarily for sophomores and juniors. Each program is coordinated by a member of our staff.
- Freshman Leadership Program (FLP) - The Freshman Leadership Program (FLP) is a residential, experiential learning community housed on the ninth floor of Kiewit Hall.
- The Magis Ambassadors are representatives of the student body that act as liaisons between Creighton University and the Omaha community. Members of this elite organization are model students who are excited to be a student at Creighton University and who truly seek excellence in their lives.
- Internship Opportunities - The Student Activities Office offers a variety of internships to student leaders to help develop holistic leaders. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact our office.
- Leadership Education Grant - Through a grant from Pepsi, funding may be available for students who are attending conferences that are geared towards leadership development. Students are asked to share what they learn with the greater Creighton Community upon their return. Applications are reviewed bi-weekly. DUE TO THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS THIS GRANT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Please check back next year for funding.
- Leadership Resource Library - Interested in learning more about how to facilitate goal setting? Do you need a new icebreaker idea? Are you wondering how to reenergize your group? Students can check out resources from our Leadership Resource Library for personal and organizational development. Check the fileadmin/user/StudentServices/StudentActivities/SAO_General_Files/Leadership_Library_Catalog.xlsxdatabase<//a> for resources or stop by the office to glance through the bookshelf.
- Leader Tips - LeaderTips are quick help pamphlets on a variety of topics to assist student leaders. They are available free of charge at the front desk of Student Activities, Student Center Room 110.
- Leadership Workshops - The Student Activities Office now has a menu of leadership and student involvement workshops available for student organizations, resident advisors, and any other group or class that would like to request us. You can request a workshop for your entire group or for your executive board.