All parents are members of the Parents Association. The Parent Council is the executive body of the Parents Association. Members of the Parent Council are available to talk with the parents of current or prospective Creighton University students. Parent Council members may be contacted by phone or mail. The contact information is listed below. The Creighton University Parent Council is a selected group of parents who have agreed to assume a leadership role to serve Creighton.
Some specific expectations for members of the Parent Council include:
- Serve as goodwill ambassadors for the University.
- Participate in the annual Parent Fund phonathon and recruit callers, as needed.
- Make an annual gift to the Parent Fund. It is important for the Parent Council to lead by example. A commitment to support Creighton is the first step in the solicitation process.
- Attend two meetings a year: once in late summer (to coincide with Welcome Week), and once in early spring.
- Serve on a Parent Council sub-committee and attend sub-committee meetings.
- Become familiar with the many facets of campus activity so that members may act as a resource for other Creighton parents who have questions about campus life.
- Participate in select University events, e. g., Summer Preview, Welcome Week, Admissions Open House.
- Explore meaningful ways to involve parents in University activities, e. g., Admissions efforts, career services, and other activities.
- Identify potential leadership and nominate future members.
Revised August 17, 1999
If you are interested in serving on the Parent Council, please email email@example.com for more information.