Creighton, a Jesuit University, is convinced that the hope of humanity is the ability of men and women to seek truths and values essential to human life. It aims to lead all its members in discovering and embracing the challenging responsibilities of their intelligence, freedom, and value all persons. We therefore profess, and pledge our commitment to the following creed:
- We believe in God, our loving Creator.
- We believe each person, created in Godís image, is called to be Godís child, and therefore possesses intrinsic value as a human being. This includes all persons and excludes any form of discrimination.
- We believe that the deepest purpose of each person is to enrich and share life through love and reverence in the human community. This motivates our open and continuous pursuit of truth. For this reason we foster reverence for life in all of its human potential.
- We believe in supporting all persons in their responsible contributions to the community through family, social interactions, and all life-endeavors.
- We believe that we must strive for a human community of justice, mutual respect, and concern. In this context we must cultivate care for our planet and its resources.
- We believe that laws exist for the benefit and well being of individual persons, that legal systems must express the common good, and that all government must be subject to the courageous, through respective criticism of intelligence and responsible citizens.
- We believe that the laws of justice and love must regulate the personal, family, economic, and international life of all persons if civilization is to progress.
- We believe in the teachings and example of Jesus Christ. (Student Revision - February 1998)
Division of Student Life - Creighton University
Creighton Hall, 2nd Floor | Omaha, Nebraska 68178 | Voice: (402) 280-2775 | Fax: (402) 280-4706