Here is a compilation of some testimonials gathered from the Alumni of the Werner Institute:
What are some of the positive attributes you experienced within the Werner Institute program?
- Some of the positive attributes I experienced within the Werner Institute program dealt with the relationships I developed with my classmates and professors. There was this common understanding as to why we were all in the Werner Institute program and there was also a great deal of respect between everyone as we all came from very different backgrounds. One of the conversations I will always remember was when a group of us were asked how we heard about the Werner Institute. The stories were as different as the people talking and it really made everyone realize that while we are all different and come to gain different things out of this program, we were all really there for the same reason: to better understand and learn about the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Talented faculty & staff that treated everyone in the program equally and fostered camaraderie in the form of small class sizes (Werner-specific classes) and extra-curricular activities
- Excellent course curricula
- You feel empowered to take on the world!
How has the Werner Institute's degree program contributed to your understanding of the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution?
- The program contributed to my understanding of the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution by allowing me to see how that every person was going to use the knowledge we learned from the Werner Institute in many different ways. Because we all got into this program for different reasons and because we all came from different backgrounds, what we hoped to accomplish after graduation was also different from person to person. This difference allowed me to fully gain the perspective that the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution can be applied to numerous aspects, covering everything from daily life to large, global experiences. It is because of the relationships I had with my classmates and my professors that I walked out of graduation knowing that the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution will truly allow me to do anything I put my mind to ... and that in case I need support, I have a contact list full of phone numbers that will always lend a helping hand!
Various comments regarding the program:
- “I really have a different perspective and reaction to conflict. It was once something I feared, but now is very comfortable with identifying and dealing with conflict.”
- “Before the program that I had a good sense of how to accomplish goals. The program kind of flooded my head with more information and less of an understanding how to implement them. The practicum then tied my initial understanding and my new knowledge into a practical application.”
- “This program has helped me deal with conflict in a new manner. I think more before reacting.”
These testimonials were obtained through focus groups and email questionnaires. If you are a member of the Werner Institute Alumni and would like to respond to the questions above or provide a general comment regarding your experience please contact Bryan Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.