Creighton University established Community Standards for the benefit of Creighton community members during the COVID-19 pandemic. While Creighton cannot guarantee a campus free of COVID-19 or other communicable diseases, these standards are designed, based on current public health guidance, to maximize the opportunity for each and every member of our community to stay healthy and safe while providing an in-person learning experience for our students.
Every member of the Creighton community is required to follow these standards. This includes all faculty, staff, students and campus visitors.
The following standards are in effect until further notice. All University community members will:
- Check temperature daily and stay home if temperature is 99.9 degrees (F) or higher; stay home or return home and contact Student Health Education and Compliance by completing the Coronavirus Response Intake Survey or calling 402.280.2735
- Submit to temperature screenings when on campus
- Complete daily screening on the #CampusClear app and as required according to the COVID-19 Screenings on Campus: A Phased Approach
- Stay home or return home and contact Student Health Education and Compliance if they experience any of the following:
- Cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, change of taste and/or smell, or otherwise feel ill
- Tested positive for COVID-19
- Been exposed to anyone suspected or confirmed positive for COVID-19
- Practice good hand-washing hygiene by washing frequently for twenty seconds with soap and water
- Wash after touching eyes, nose or mouth
- Wash after blowing nose, or sneezing or coughing into hand
- Wash after touching contaminated surfaces
- Wash before preparing food or eating and after
- Utilize hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable
- Practice social distancing (6 feet) on and off-campus or while participating in University events and activities
- Wear a face covering (covering nose and mouth) at all times when in public places on the Creighton University campus, both indoors and outdoors, and when participating in other University responsibilities off campus such as clinical or service experiences. Wearing a face covering is not required on campus when someone is:
- Alone in a private office or assigned workspace area
- Engaged in outside physical labor-related work assignments and social distancing can be maintained
- In their personal residence hall room
- In their personal residence hall bathroom
- In their individual living space
- Or as otherwise approved by Creighton’s Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Follow additional site requirements when participating in clinicals, experiential learning opportunities, service events or other Creighton offsite activities
- All members of the Creighton community should have received the flu vaccine by November 1, 2020*.
- *Faculty, staff and students that are new to the Creighton community and that will be present on campus during the Spring 2021 semester must provide documentation that they have received the flu vaccine prior to coming to campus
- Noncompliance with these Community Standards can result in disciplinary action, up to and including separation from Creighton.
Limiting the spread of the COVID-19 virus is both a communal and personal responsibility. Members of the Creighton community must hold one another accountable. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to use the “Four Rs” when they encounter others not adhering to the COVID-19 Community Standards. Learn more about enforcement.