Fall 2020 Campus Reopening
Creighton University will reopen its Omaha and Phoenix campuses – residence halls, classrooms, laboratories and other facilities – and return to in-person courses for the fall 2020 semester, with measures in place to manage operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Update: Read the latest news
July 6 — I arrived at this new job directing Student Health Education and Compliance at Creighton University in February, just as the COVID-19 pandemic hit. During this difficult and uncertain time in our world and daily lives, I am grateful to have had the opportunity to collaborate with so many across campus. Read full message.
Fall 2020 Campus Reopening
- Our No. 1 priority is the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- We continue to develop plans in accordance with national, state and local public health guidelines.
- Our fall academic calendars have been revised.
- Move-in will be Aug. 12-15 for incoming freshmen and Aug. 14-16 for returning sophomores.
- Undergraduate classes begin Aug. 17. There will be no fall break, and final exams will conclude Nov. 25.
See all academic calendars.
- Our aim: reduce travel to and from campus, and have the majority of our students complete the semester before the winter flu season.
- Our focus is on providing in-person classes.
- However, we are prepared to provide hybrid and online instruction should situations warrant.
- Our campus will promote and support a culture of health and safety.
- Our Jesuit, Catholic mission emphasizes care and concern for others.
- A COVID-19 testing strategy is being developed. There will be daily screenings and all-you-can-eat, to-go dining.
- Face coverings will be required for everyone in public spaces.
- Classrooms will be arranged for social distancing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will be increased.
- Under our phased approach, requirements will change as incidence of local and campus COVID-19 infections decrease or increase.
- Our health experts will provide personalized care.
- In combination with Creighton’s health partner, CHI Health, the University’s student health professionals will provide quality care for students showing symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Quarantine and isolation spaces will be established in the residence halls, and Creighton’s certified contact tracers will follow up with others at risk for exposure.
Creighton University will communicate more specific details as plans for the fall are finalized. Questions? Email CoronavirusResponse [at] creighton [dot] edu.
A Beacon of Hope:
While we all must be extra cautious and vigilant during this time of pandemic, at Creighton University, we are also hopeful. Creighton President the Rev. Daniel S. Hendrickson, SJ, PhD, shares that Creighton University stands, as it has for more than 140 years, “steadfast and resilient” and ready for a new dawn.
Campus Safety and Innovative Operations Workgroup
Campus reopening plans are focused on seven key areas. See a list of committee members.
- protective clothing and supplies
- social distancing and transportation
- disability services
- campus events
New Student Orientation