Fall 2020 Campus Reopening
Creighton University has reopened its Omaha, Phoenix and satellite campuses and returned to in-person courses for the fall 2020 semester, with measures in place to manage operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the health and safety of our campus community, all students, faculty, staff and visitors must agree to abide by Creighton University’s COVID-19 Community Standards. Our guidelines will continue to follow national, state and local health recommendations and directives.
For more information, read the Caring for Our Creighton Community guide.
Report Symptoms through #CampusClear Self-Screening
If you are not cleared to access campus or are feeling ill, please stay home or in your residence hall room and contact CoronavirusResponse [at] creighton [dot] edu.
Report to Campus Screening Stations
General-campus screening stations are available at the following locations. Creighton’s general-campus COVID-19 Temperature Check-In/Screening Stations that were previously located outdoors on campus will be operating at indoor locations for the remainder of the fall semester starting Monday, Sept. 14.
- Hixson-Lied Science Building atrium; M-F, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Harper Center front desk; M-F, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m., 3 p.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Kiewit Fitness Center, northeast entrance; M-F, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Reinert-Alumni Memorial Library atrium, Saturday, 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Students and Families
- Fall academic calendars have been revised. Undergraduate classes began Aug. 17.
- Classes are offered in person, with hybrid, remote and online options under certain circumstances. Learn more.
- Face coverings have been provided and are required in all public spaces on campus, indoors and outdoors.
- Classrooms have been arranged for social distancing.
Faculty and Staff
- Employees have been classified as “on premises,” “reduced on premises” or “remote” to help reduce campus density.
- Requests for COVID-19-related supplies and PPE, must be made through school, college and department facilitators.
- Cleaning and sanitizing workspaces is everyone’s responsibility.
- Requests for remote workers and visitors, vendors and contractors to access campus must follow this process.
- Creighton is taking a phased approach to screening, with daily screenings required through at least the first 30 days of the fall semester.
- Learn how to install and use the #CampusClear self-screening app.
- On-campus temperature check-ins are required. Learn more about the screening process.
- All students and employees are required to receive a seasonal flu vaccine.
Campus and Residential Life
- On-campus students receive thermal imaging temperature scans daily as they leave their residence hall.
- Dining halls are limited to to-go dining for at least the first 30 days.
- Recreation and Wellness is reopening facilities and programs in phases.
- Library spaces are limited to 50% total occupancy.
- Shuttle Services is offering full service with a maximum capacity of 12 passengers.
If You Get Sick
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Creighton is providing quarantine and isolation spaces for students living on campus.
- If you are experiencing symptoms and think you have been exposed, you must contact the Student Health Education and Compliance office at CoronavirusResponse@creighton.edu.
- Read about prevention methods and tips on hand-washing.
Mind, Body, Spirit
- Spiritual Opportunities
- View the Ignatian Insight video series, featuring short reflections from members of our Jesuit community.
- See how Creighton experts have provided perspective on the current crisis from various disciplines.
- Visit Creighton’s Online Ministries page for more digital spiritual resources.
Have questions? Email CoronavirusResponse [at] creighton [dot] edu or call 402.280.2152.