The Internal Audit Department is committed to providing timely, accurate and meaningful information to assist management in its stewardship to educate, inspire and serve its constituency in accordance with the mission of Creighton University.
The Department shall endeavor to provide stakeholders high quality professional assurance and consulting services in accordance with the University's risk profile and appetite. The Internal Audit Department shall design its service plan and strategy to:
- Protect Creighton University's assets, interests and reputation.
- Assist administration and management teams in the identification and management of risk in conjunction with the University's Enterprise Risk Management process.
- Conduct performance evaluations to validate the achievement of program objectives, strategic planning goals and initiatives thereby fostering accountability.
- Proactively provide control design assistance to facilitate the incorporation of effective internal controls into key processes and encourage on-going monitoring by management.
- Increase operational effectiveness and efficiency including consideration of revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Strengthen, improve and provide assurance regarding the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control frameworks and practices.
- Address and promote organizational objectives and assist management in the implementation of change.