Close MenuClose
Close Menu


COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

How can I reach Creighton’s Financial Aid Office?

We are available Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. via phone: at 402.280.2731 and email:

If you need to submit documentation, please use our secure JayDrop link.

Submit Documents

Please do not email documentation containing Personally Identifiable Information to our office. At this time, we are also unable to receive US Mail on a regular basis so we encourage you to use the above JayDrop link to submit documentation whenever possible.

Can I file a financial aid appeal if my family is now experiencing a financial hardship due to loss of income as a result of COVID-19?

Yes. Please review the covid-19 special circumstances form and review policy for more information.

How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?

Please follow the steps below to sign up for Direct Deposit:

  1. Login into the NEST
  2. Select: Students Accounts
  3. Select: Sign up for Direct Deposit Refunds
  4. Select: Start and then enter your bank routing and account number
  5. Select “Submit.”
  6. Read through the Direct Deposit Agreement, print a copy for your records, and select “I Agree” at the bottom of the page.

What options are available if I cannot make a student loan payment due to circumstances related to COVID-19?

Please contact your loan servicer for options as the federal government has granted relief for some loan borrowers during this pandemic.

The IRS Offices are closed and therefore I cannot obtain my Tax Return Transcript/s. What should I do?

You may obtain your Tax Return Transcript online at If you are unable to obtain them using the on-line tool, then you must download Form 4506-T from the IRS website. This is a form you can mail to the IRS to request your Tax Return Transcript or Verification of Non filing Letter to be mailed to you.

What happens to my financial aid if I withdraw from classes?

We encourage you to continue your coursework in order to minimize academic disruption and any negative impacts to your financial aid. If you’re considering withdrawing from courses, your financial aid may be reduced or cancelled, so we recommend you either call the Financial Aid Office at 402.280.2731 or email before making that decision.

Withdrawing from courses may also impact your financial aid for the 2020-21 school year.

Will summer courses be delayed, or will my next financial aid disbursement for the summer 2020 be delayed?

At this time, the university plans to continue the 2020-2021 academic year as planned, and therefore students expecting to begin classes in May, and expecting to receive financial aid disbursements beginning in May, will not be delayed at this time.

What happens to my Federal Work Study job now that I can’t report to work?

Creighton University will continue to compensate Federal Work Study student employees through the end of the semester for the hours you were scheduled to work had you been able to report to your job assignment. Compensation will be through Friday, May 8, unless you exhaust your Federal Work Study funding prior to that date.

How do I submit my scheduled FWS hours to be paid?

You will enter your hours in MyHR as “Student Scheduled” instead of “regular.” Your supervisor will continue to review and approve the hours you submit. You can view directions here.

Please be mindful of the remaining time card deadlines below:

Pay Period Pay Period Begin Date Time Card Deadline Biweekly Pay Date
8 March 28, 2020 April 10, 2020 April 17, 2020
9 April 11, 2020 April 24, 2020 May 1, 2020
10 April 25, 2020 May 8, 2020 May 15, 2020

For questions about your scheduled hours, contact your supervisor.

For questions regarding submitting hours correctly in myHR, contact Julie Hill at

For questions regarding Federal Work Study, contact Mary Ann Tietjen at