Check Cashing Policy
The Business Office offers registered students, staff, and faculty check cashing privileges at the Cashier Window located in Creighton Hall, First Floor, Room 113.
Requirements and limitations include:
- Personal, single-party, and two-party checks are accepted. No third-party checks will be accepted.
- Example of personal check: From John Smith (you), payable to Creighton University.
- Example of single-party check: Payable to John Smith.
- Example of two-party check: Payable to John Smith OR Jane Smith.
- Example of third-party check: Payable to John Smith, endorsed on back by "John Smith payable to Jane Smith."
- Limit of $200.00 per person, per day.
- Checks must be drawn on a valid account.
- Must present valid Driver's License or University ID.
- Personal checks must be made payable to Creighton University. Two-party checks must be endorsed properly.
- Creighton Federal Credit Union members and those with checks drawn from CFCU are asked to cash their checks at the Credit Union. CFCU has a branch on campus in the Skutt Student Center.
- Any check that is returned to the University as unpaid for any reason will be assessed a $25 Returned Item Fee. Restitution to the University should be made within 10 business days.
- Any check that is personal, single-party, or two-party check that has been cashed by a student and is returned to the University as unpaid for any reason will be charged back to the tuition billing account of the student who received the cash and will be assessed a $25 Returned Item Fee. It will be the responsibility of the student to make restitution for all outstanding balances and fees owed on their student account within 10 business days. Any balance on a student account resulting from a returned check may be subject to a late payment fee or a hold placed on their account.
- The person who cashes a two-party check will be held responsible if the check is returned. Restitution to the University should be made within 10 business days.