Michael Waters, MD, PhD
Wabnitz, A., C. P. Derdeyn, D. J. Fiorella, M. J. Lynn, G. A. Cotsonis, D. S. Liebeskind, M. F. Waters, H. Lutsep, E. López-Cancio, T. N. Turan, B. Lane, J. Montgomery, L. S. Janis, M. I. Chimowitz. Hemodynamic markers in the anterior circulation as predictors of recurrent stroke in patients with intracranial arterial stenosis.
Volume 50, p. 143-147 2018
- Annals of Neurology
Tian, De-Cai, K. Shi, Z. Zhu, J. Yao, X. Yang, L. Su, S. Zhang, M. Zhang, R. Gonzales, Q. Liu, D. Huang, M. F. Waters, A. Ducruet, K. Sheth, Y. Fu, M. Lou, FD. Shi. Fingolimod enhances the efficacy of delayed alteplase administration in stroke.
Volume 84, Issue 5, p. 717-728 2018
- The Cerebellum
Khare, S., K. Galeano, Y. Zhang, J. A. Nick, J. Sampson, H. S. Nick, S.H. Subramony, L. K. Kaczmarek, M. F. Waters. C-terminal proline deletions in KCNC3 cause delayed channel inactivation and an adult-onset progressive SCA13 with spasticity.
Volume 17, Issue 5, p. 692-697 2018
- Clinical Science
Bennion, D. M., C. H. Jones, A. N. Dang, J. Isenberg, J. T. Graham, L. Lindblad, O. Domenig, M. Poglitsch, M. F. Waters, C. Sumners, U. M. Steckelings. Protective effects of the angiotensin II AT2 receptor agonist compound 21 in ischemic stroke: a nose-to-brain delivery approach.
Volume 132, Issue 5, p. 581-593 2018
- The Journal of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
Jin, WN A. F. Ducruet, Q. Liu, S. Xiang-Yu Shi, M. Waters, M. Zou, K. N. Sheth, R. Gonzales, FD Shi. Activation of JAK/STAT3 restores NK-cell function and improves immune defense after brain ischemia.
Volume 32, Issue 5, p. 2757-2767 2018
- Journal of Hypertension
Sumners, C., D. Bennion, C. Jones, A. Dang, J. Isenberg, J. Graham, M. Waters, U. Steckelings. [OP.1B.05] Cerebroprotective effect of an angiotensin type 2 receptor agonist delivered via the intranasal route after stroke.
Volume 35, p. e6 2017
- Southern Medical Journal
Ciliberti-Vargas, M. A., H. Gardener, K. Wang, C. Dong, L. Yi, J. G. Romano, M. Robichaux, S. P. Waddy, U. Nobo, S. Diaz-Acosta, T. Rundek, M. F. Waters, R. L. Sacco. Stroke Hospital Characteristics in the Florida-Puerto Rico Collaboration to Reduce Stroke Disparities Study.
Volume 110, Issue 7, p. 466-474 2017
- Lodha, N., J. Harrell, S. Eisenschenk, M. Waters, E. Christou. Motor Impairments in Transient Ischemic Attack and Stroke Recurrence: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
Volume 8, p. 243 2017
- Advancing and Hemorrhagic EVT cases in the prehospital setting. 45th Annual Barrow Neurological Conference, Phoenix, Arizona. 2019
- Barrow Genius Bar - Everything About Stroke. 2019
- Women's Board Education Enrichment Evening - Stroke Prevention. 2019
- Phoenix Economic Council - Extending the Population for Acute Stroke Therapy, Phoenix, Arizona. 2019
- Hemorrhagic Stroke Management: Are We There Yet? Arizona Stroke Conference, Chandler, Arizona. 2018
- Barrow Mobile Stroke Unit: First Year and Future Directions. Phoenix Fire Department, Phoenix, Arizona. 2018
- Mobile Stroke Units to RAPID Imaging. Emergency Stroke Care & Neurology Conference, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, Chandler, Arizona. 2018
- Medicine in Mobile Stroke Units. 44th Annual BNI Neuroscience Symposium, Phoenix, Arizona. 2018
- Characterization of a Murine Model of Spinocerebellar Ataxia 13. American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, California. 2018
- Combined antagonism of vasopressin receptor subtypes with conivaptan attenuates cerebral edema following ischemic stroke. 2018 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, California. 2018
- Right Person, Right Place, Right Time: Advancing Stroke Care through Systems Integration. Southern Arizona Stroke Conference, Tucson, Arizona. 2017
- Wake Up Stroke: Transitioning from Chronos to Kairos. Southern Arizona Stroke Conference, Tucson, Arizona. 2017
- What's the Magic Number? Management of Blood Pressure in Acute and Recurrent Stroke Patients. 2017 Barrow Neuroscience Nursing Symposium, Phoenix, Arizona. 2017
- Update on the Management of Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Resident lecture series, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona. 2017
- Wake Up Stroke: Transitioning from Chronos to Kairos. People's Liberation Army Hospital Grand Rounds. Beijing, China. 2017
- Right Person, Right Place, Right Time: Advancing Stroke Care through Systems Integration. Conference on Standardized Diagnosis and Treatment of Stroke. Update on Stroke Care Conference. Tiantan Hospital and Comprehensive Stroke Center, Beijing, China. 2017
- Right Person, Right Place, Right Time: Advancing Stroke Care through Systems Integration. Conference on Standardized Diagnosis and Treatment of Stroke. Japan-China Friendship Hospital, Beijing, China. 2017
- Advancing Stroke Care through Systems Integration. International Symposium on Standardized Diagnosis and Treatment of Stroke and Cognitive Disorders, Tangshan People's Hospital Healthcare Group, Tengshan, China. 2017
- Wake Up Stroke: Transitioning from Chronos to Kairos. Tangshan People's Hospital Healthcare Group, Tengshan, China. 2017
RNA Gain of Function Pathogenesis in SCA10.
To demonstrate that the sequestration of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K plays a key role in the pathogenesis of SCA10 and to determine the relative contribution of this mechanism to the entire pathogenicity in SCA10, testing the hypothesis that the major pathogenic mechanism is an RNA gain-of-function causing functional loss of hnRNP K.
Neuroimaging Biomarkers for Post-Operative Cognitive Decline in Older Adults.
Randomized concurrent controlled clinical trial to quantitate and characterize neuroimaging biomarkers associated with cognitive decline in adults undergoing total knee replacement surgery.