33rd Annual Iota Tau Nursing Scholars Forum: Celebrating Quality Improvement, Evidence-Based Practice, and Research
Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Students
Jointly Provided By
- Iota Tau Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
- Creighton University College of Nursing
- Creighton University Office of Continuing Education
- CHI Health
- Discuss new evidence centering around caring for and communicating with diverse clients in an evolving world
- Recognize the importance of compassion and self-awareness in the healthcare profession for effective provision of evidence-based care
- Identify implications of clinical and research findings across the nursing profession
María de los Ángeles Ortega Hernández, DNP, APRN, GNP-BC, PMHNP-BC, CDP, FAANP, FAAN
Director, Louis and Anne Green Memory and Wellness Center, CELCON
Professor, Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing (CELCON)
Florida Atlantic University Memory Disorder Clinic Coordinator, Alzheimer’s Disease Initiative, DOEA
Keynote Title: A Caring Science Model of Specialized Dementia Care for Transforming Practice, Education, Research, and Policy
- Describe one nurse-led evidence-based dementia specific model of care for improving health outcomes of diverse persons, families, and communities with special health care needs.
- Explain the process and inspirational reward of designing, implementing and sustaining an interprofessional and innovative caring science community engagement model to advance health equity.
Poster Session (In-person only; All other events may be attended virtually or in-person)
Welcome & Awards
Morning Break-out Presentations
Lunch & Poster Browsing
Afternoon Break-out Presentations
Scholarship Salon (For licensed nursing professionals only; Opportunity for networking and research collaborations)
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this activity for 6.0 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education and CHI Health. Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Date and Time
Omaha, NE 68102