Inaugural BIG EAST Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium Competition
Join us in New York City for the BIG EAST’s Undergraduate Research Symposium!
During the 2022 BIG EAST Men’s Basketball Tournament the Conference will be hosting its inaugural BIG EAST Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium. Each institution can send up to five (5) posters with no more than two (2) undergraduate student authors to New York City to present their research to a panel of faculty and administrators from BIG EAST institutions.
Congratulations to the following students for being selected to represent Creighton at the inaugural Big East Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium Competition:
- Lauren Barbush, Biology major
- “Investigating the Therapeutic Potential of Piperlongumine Derivatives for Noise-Induced Hearing Loss”
- Mentor: Dr. Marisa Zallocchi, Biomedical Sciences Department
- JJ Mark, Political Science major
- “A True Story: The Contrasting Literary Ethics of Refugee Novels and Memoirs”
- Mentor: Dr. Surbhi Malik, English Department
- Rhiannon McCracken, Biochemistry major
- “Structural and Functional Analysis of Crassostrea gigas OAZ-PK RNA”
- Mentor: Dr. Julie Soukup, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
- Keely Orndorff, Neuroscience major
- “The Novel Interaction between Gene Silencing Proteins: Structural Studies of PCNA and CAF-1”
- Mentor: Dr. Lynne Dieckman, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
- Elizabeth Peller, English and Theatre majors
- “Razor Women: A Case Study in Using Research and Creativity to Better Understand Historical Figures”
- Mentor: Dr. Heather Fryer, History Department
These students will compete against undergraduate researchers from each of the Big East institutions on March 12, 2022. The winners of that competition will be recognized at the Men’s Basketball Championship Game that night.
Date and Time
New York, NY 10001