Update on Chronic Refractory Cough
Join us in-person or virtually as we explore the following: -
- Discussion around issues with current diagnostic approaches to chronic cough.
- Review of medication approved by FDA for chronic cough.
- Sensitization of central and peripheral nervous system pertaining to chronic cough.
- Novel molecular target for the treatment of cough.
- Current pharmacologic medications undergoing clinical trials and registered on clinicaltrials.gov.
Health Professionals in the Creighton Community
When and where
12-1 p.m. CDT, 10-11 a.m. MST, October 12th
Virtual and In-person
- Creighton University School of Medicine
Kaiser G. Lim, MD
Dr. Kaiser Lim is Medical Co-director in the Pulmonary Function Laboratory at Mayo Clinic Rochester. He is also a consultant in Pulmonary Medicine in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care at Mayo, with joint appointments in Allergy and Immunology and Pediatric Allergy. He is an Associate Professor of Medicine and board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, and Allergy and Immunology. He completed Internal Medicine Residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio and his post-fellowship in Eosinophil Immunobiology at Boston University Medical Center.
Dr. Lim's responsibilities at Mayo, over the past 23 years, have included directorship of the asthma clinic for 12 years, founding director of the chronic cough clinic, and directorship of the pulmonary inpatient practice for 6 years. His research interests include asthma, COPD, cough, pulmonary physiology and quality improvement in clinical practice. He is married to a neurologist and has three children.