Anna C. Maio, MD
School of Medicine
- Associate Professor
- Creighton University,B.S.,1975-79
- Creighton University School of Medicine,M.D.,1979-83
- Doll J, Packard K, Furze J, Huggett K, Jensen G, Jorgensen D, Wilken M, Chehal H, Maio, A Reflections from an interprofessional education experience: Evidence for the core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice., Journal of Interprofessional Care, 27(2), 194-196, 2013
- Packard K, Chehal H, Maio A, Doll J, Furze J, Huggett K, Jensen G, Jorgenson D, Wilken M, Qi Y: Interprofessional team reasoning framework as a tool for case study analysis with health professions students: a randomized study. , Journal of Research in Interprofessional Practice and Education, 2(3), 1-12, 2012
- Physical Diagnosis Find-Thymnolipoma, Medscape General Medicine, 2004
- Hypertriglyceridemia, Xpharm (web based), 2004
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia, Xpharm (web based), 2004
- Rich, EC, A. Oasan, A. Maio. Whatever Happened to Managed Care?, American Journal of Medicine, 114;5, 2003
- Maio,A. Isolated Systolic Hypertension. Nebraska Medical Journal 1994 April; 79(4):105-106.
- Maio,A. The Frequency of an ct2 Adrenoceptor RFLP in Normotensive and Hypertensive Humans. American Society of Nephrology, Abstract, 11/91.
- Ourada,B.,A.Maio,H.Sakowski,R.Biven. Empiric antibiotic treatment for pneumonia versus outcome in a special population. Proceedings from the 19th Annual SGIM Meeting, May 2-4, 1996. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 1996 April; 11(S1):147.
- Maio,A.,H.Sakowski,P.Turner,E.Rich. Effect of the clinical setting of an early longitudinal primary care clinic experience on medical students' career choices. Proceedings from the 17th Annual Midwest Regional SGIM Meeting, 9/21-9/23/00. Journal of Investigative Medicine, 2000 Sept.; 48(5):270A.
- Sakowski,H.,A.Maio,P.Turner,E.Rich. Effect of an early longitudinal primary care clinic experience on student attitudes and interest toward primary care. Proceedings from the 17th Annual Midwest Regional SGIM Meeting, 9/21-23/00. Journal of Investigative Medicine, 2000 Sept.; 48(5):271A.
- Markert,R.J.,E.C.Rich,H.A.Sakowski,A.C.Maio,S.A.Haist,S.D.Hillson. Comparative value of clinical information in making a diagnosis. Archives in Internal Medicine, submitted April 2002.
- Market,R.J.,E.C.Rich,H.A.Sakowski,A.C.Maio,S.A.Haist,S.D.Hillson. Comparative value of clinical information in making a diagnosis. Proceedings from the 19th Annual Midwest Regional SGIM Meeting, 9/27-9/28/02. Journal of Investigative Medicine, 2002 Sept.; 50(5);242A.
- Rich,E.C.,A.Oasan,A.Maio. Whatever Happened to Managed Care? The American Journal of Medicine, Volume 114,Issue 5, 1 April 2003, Pages 426-430.
- Polymicrobial Endocarditis in an IV Drug Abuser, Journal of General Internal Medicine, Vol 19; Supplement 1, 66, 2004
- Maio, A, RJ Markert, EC Rich, H. Sakowski, SA Haist, S. Hillson. Comparative Value of Clinical Information in Making a Diagnosis SGIM 26th Annual Meeting. Vancouver, British Columbia., Journal of General Internal Medicine, 18; Supplement 1, 248, 2003
- Maio, A, H. Sakowski, A . Bewtra. Swollen Head: More than an Ego Problem. SGIM 26th Annual Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia., Journal of General Internal Medicine, 18; supplement 1, 71, 2003
- Maio, A , R. Markert, EC Rich, H. Sakowski, S. Haist, S. Hillson. Comparative Value of Clinical Information in Making a Diagnosis Midwest Regional SGIM meeting in Chicago, IL, Journal of Investigative Medicine, 50 (5), 242A, 2002
- Brandon, K. Doll, J. Maio, A. White, M. Potthoff, M. Workshop at the NEXUS 2nd Annual Meeting entitled Innovating Interprofessional Collaboration in a Primary Care Setting. Minneapolis, MN, 2017
- Haddad, A. Ryan-Haddad, A. Doll, J. Maio, A. Potthoff, M. Poster presentation Collaborating with Health Professions Students to Establish Best Practices in Interdisciplinary Ethics Education at the NEXUS 2nd Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, 2017
- Maio, A. Resident as Teacher, 1-hour lecture during Senior Internal Medicine Capstone, 2016
- Maio, A and Huggett, K.: Medical Students as Teachers, Elective: F/U Study of Participants. Poster CGEA, 2016
- Hageman, H; Hasbrouck, C; Maio, A.; Masterson, M. and Simpon, D.: IPE in the Clinic Setting: Optimizing Your Clinic and Teaching When You Have Multiple Trainees on Your Team. Workshop CGEA, 2016
- Maio, A. Discussant for the MESRE Consultations at CGEA, 2015
- Lehrer, M; Murray, S; Benzar, R; Stormont, R; Lightfoot, M; Hafertepe, M; Welch, G; Peters, N; Maio, A. Student teacher based interprofessional education for medical and pharmacy students. Poster presented at Innovations in Medical Education at the Keck SOM of USC. Winner of the Maurice Hitchcock award Feb 2015., 2015
- Maio, A. Clinical Reasoning lecture to residents and students, 2014
- Maio, A. Facilitator and Panel member for M2 Leadership Workshop., 2013
- Maio, A. Using Bolman and Deal to evaluate a clinical skills committee. Final project and presentation of the LEAD program for the CGEA, 2013
- Maio, A. Facilitator and Panel member for M2 Leadership Workshop., 2012
- Huggett K and Maio A. Handoffs and Signouts: Opportunities for Improving Patient Care. Noon Conference., 2012
- Abbott A, Galt K, Drincic A, Maio A, Kraft M, Kasha T, Piccolo M. Exploring Personal Health Record Use by Patients with Type II Diabetes. A poster presentation at the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting, Orlando, FL., 2012
- Doll JD, Packard K, Huggett K, Maio A, Furze J, Jensen G, Jorgensen D, et al: Evaluation of an algorithm to educate health professions students on interprofessional case studies. Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine Annual Research Conference, Omaha NE, 2011
- Caron A, Singh M, Maio A, Vannerson J. Presented by Aleece as part of a Panel Discussion. Faculty Development in Quality Improvement: Building Human Capital. AAMC Integrating Quality Meeting.Chicago, IL, 2011
- Caron A, Singh M, Maio A, Vannerson J. Poster Peer Coaching for QI, RDSA Cycle in Action. AAMC Integrating Quality Meeting. Chicago, IL., 2011
- Maio A. Panel Discussion. AMWA, Omaha, NE, 2011
- Huggett, K., Hansen, T., Polich, A., Maio, A., Galt, K., Costanzo, C., Fuji, K., Abbott, A., Hercinger, M. Today You Made a Difference: An Innovative Interprofessional Patient Safety Day. Poster Presentation. Central Group on Educational Affairs (CGEA) Annual Meeting, Omaha, NE, 2011
- Workshop presented with EC Rich, DR Calkins, M Liebow, and M Linzeron Shaping the Future of Internal Medicine at the 27th annual SGIM Meeting in Chicago, 2004
- Poster presentation with S. Astley and J. McMahon called Enhancing Education in an Outpatient Resident/Faculty Practice CGEA, 2004
- Poster presentation with S. Astley and J. McMahon; Enhancing Delivery of Care in an Outpatient Resident/Faculty Practice at the "Improving the Quality and Safety of Patient Care" conference at CUMC, 2003
- Oral presentation coauthor; presented by M. Faulkner; Pharmacists Enhance Outpatient Care Through the Administration of Pneumococcal Vaccine at the "Improving the Quality and Safety of Patient Care" at CUMC, 2003
- Poster presentation with Issac T, Young D Carotid Disease Dissection in a patient with Factor V Leiden Mutation at the NE ACP mtg, 2003
- Poster presented with Schrader, J, Zollinger, M, and McKenna, K, Huerter, C.; Henoch-Schonlein Purpura-A Pediatric Syndrome in an Adult at the NE ACP mtg, 2003
- Poster presented with Young, D and Mohiudding, S.; Silent Pericarditis at the NE ACP mtg, 2003
- Poster presentation with Aerni and Sankar and Adams; A Unique Case of Pulmonary Renal Syndrome at the NE ACP mtg, 2003
- Maio,A.C., Markert, R.J., Rich, E.C., Sakowski, H., Haist S.A., Hillson, S. Poster presentation of Comparative Value of Clinical Information in Making a Diagnosis, 26th Annual SGIM Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada., 2003
- Maio, A.C., Sakowski, H., Bewtra, A. Poster Presentation of Swollen Head: More than an Ego Problem. 26th Annual SGIM Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada., 2003
- Poster entitled Maio, AC, Bewtra, A, Sakowski, H, and Fixley, J. Swollen Head: More than an Ego Problem at the midwest regional SGIM Meeting in Chicago, 2002
- Poster entitled Maio, A, Markert, RJ, Rich, EC, Sakowski,H, Haist, S, and Hillson, S Comparative Value of Clinical Information in Making a Diagnosis at the Mid-West regional meeting of SGIM in Chicago, 2002
- Medicine and Marriage--Panel discussion with 2 other physician couples for medical students at the Skutt Student Center from 6:30 to 9 PM, 2002
- Panel Discussant on End of Life Issues in Kedney Disease, 2001
- The Confused Patient presentation to M4 for on call series, 2001
- How Is Healthcare Paid For In the U.S?-- Monday Noon Conference, 2001
- Grand Rounds--A Sweet Killer, 2000
- Maio A, Sakowski H, Turner P, Rich E. Poster : Effect of the Clinical Setting of an Early Longitudinal Primary Care Clinic Experience on Medical Students' Career Choices. Midwest Regional SGIM meeting, 2000
- Sakowski H, Maio A, Turner P, Rich E. Poster Effect fo an Early Longitudinal Primary Care Clinic Experience on Student Attitudes and Interest Toward Primary Care. Midwest Regional SGIM Meeting, 2000
- Adapting Primary Care Practice to a Managed Care Environment, 22nd Annual SGIM meeting 4/29-5/1/99 San Francisco, CA, 1999
- 2017 NEXUS Award Honorable Mention CIPER, 2017