Cynthia S. Slone, EdD, RN, CEN
College of Nursing
- Assistant Professor
- Slone, C.D. (2015). Fostering Role Transition: Using Elective Nursing Courses-Bridging Nursing Education and Nursing Practice, Lambert Academic Publishers, 1-200, 2015
Rusch L. M., Beiermann, T., Schoening, A.M., Slone, C. Flott, B., Manz, J., Miller, J. (Accepted for publication, 2017). Defining Roles and Expectations for Faculty, Nurses, & Students in a Dedicated Education Unit, Nurse Educator.
, Nurse Educator, 2017
- Slone, Cynthia S. (2016). Utilization of simulation/technology to expand clinical decision-making experiences and licensing exam preparation. Sigma Theta Tau International 3rd European Regional Conference, Utrecht, The Netherlands, June 6-8, 2016, 2016
- Slone, Cynthia S. (2016). The dedicated education unit-creating meaningful clinical practice exposure for nursing students. Sigma Theta Tau International 3rd European Regional Conference, Utrecht, The Netherlands, June 6-8, 2016, 2016
- Rusch, L., Schoening, A., Shirley, N., and Slone, C. (2015). Dedicated Education Unit: Creating New Learning Environments (oral presentation) Creighton University Academic Excellence and Assessment Forum, Omaha, Nebraska, 2015
- Slone, Cynthia S. (2014). Fostering Nursing Role Transition: Utilizing Elective Emergency Courses (poster presentation) Sigma Theta Tau/Iota Tau Research Day, Omaha, Nebraska, 2014
- Slone, Cynthia S. (2014). Fostering Nursing Role Transition: Utilizing Elective Emergency Courses (poster presentation) Emergency Nurses National Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, 2014
- Slone, Cynthia S. (2010). Bridging the Gap Between Education and Practice (poster presentation) Elsevier International Educator Conference, Sidney, Australia, 2010
Grant Funding Received
- Creighton University Academic Excellence and Assessment (2014). Dedicated Education Unit Project Grant, Lori Rusch, PhD (PI), Anne Schoening, PhD, Nancy Shirley PhD & Cindy Slone EdD.
- Creighton AEA Grant: "Spiritual Integration to Enhance Reflective Practice in the Creighton University Accelerated Nursing Program." S. Banzhaf, MSN, PMHNP-BC,B. Davis, DNP, APHN-BC, J. Worster, PhD, MSN, MA, M. Kirkpatrick, MSN, RN-BC, Sister C. Tucci, BFA, MA, M. Minnich, DNP, RN, K. McCafferty, PhD, RNC-OB,C-EFM, J. Parks, RN, MSN, C. Slone, EdD, RN, CEN, M. Aufdenkamp, MS, RN, T. Beiermann, MSN, RN, DVRN-BC
- Creighton University College of Nursing, 2013