Darren J. Hein, PharmD, RPh
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
- Pharmacy Practice
- Assistant Professor
- PHA 351: Foundations of Public Health (Guest Lecturer)
- PHA 413: Pharmacotherapeutics I (Guest Lecturer)
- PHA 458: Literature Evaluation & Evidence-Based Practice (Primary Instructor of Record)
- PHA 470: Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery (Guest Lecturer)
- PHA 489: Dispending and Patient Care III (Laboratory - Guest Lecturer)
- PHA 515: Drug Information Rotation (Preceptor)
- May 2012 Doctor of Pharmacy School of Pharmacy and Health Professions Creighton University Omaha, Nebraska
- May 2012 Bachelor of Science – Health Sciences School of Pharmacy and Health Professions Creighton University Omaha, Nebraska
- Registered Pharmacist Nebraska State Board of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery (APhA)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR and AED) Certification
- Dietary supplement interactions with antiretrovirals: a systematic review
- Jalloh MA, Gregory PJ, Hein DJ, Risoldi Cochrane Z, Rodriguez A
- Dietary Supplements, Natural & Complementary Medicine, RXPREP, Inc., Chapter 14, 2017
- Drug References, RXPREP, Inc., Chapter 15, 2017
- Characterization of complementary and alternative-medicine-related consultations in an academic drug information service
- Gregory PJ, Jalloh MA, Abe AM, Hu J, Hein DJ.
- Probiotics for the Treatment of Infantile Colic: A Systematic Review.
- Schreck Bird A, Gregory PJ, Jalloh MA, Risoldi Cochrane Z, Hein DJ.
- Regulatory alerts for dietary supplements in Canada and the United States, 2005-13.
- Abe AM, Hein DJ, Gregory PJ.
- Over the Counter Nutritional Supplements: Implications for Critically Ill Patients. In: Diet and Nutrition in Critical Care. Volume 1. Kings College, London, Great Britain; 2014.
- Gregory PJ, Hein DJ, Malesker MA, Morrow LE.
- Green tea product epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) content and label information: a descriptive analysis.
- Shkayeva MV, Gregory PJ, Pickering MK, Hein DJ, Hu J, Rodriguez A.
- Medication misadventures I: adverse drug reactions. In: Malone PM, Malone M, Stanovich JE, eds. Drug Information: A Guide for Pharmacists. 5th ed. New York, NY
- Cochrane ZR, Hein DJ, Gregory PJ.
- Herbal Medications and Vitamin Supplements. In: Kaye AD, Kaye M, Urman RD, eds. Essentials of Pharmacology for Anesthesia, Pain Medicine, and Critical Care. New York, NY
- Gregory PJ, Abe AM, Hein DJ.
- Survey and systematic literature review of probiotics in academic medical centers within the United States.
- Abe AM, Gregory PJ, Hein DJ, Risoldi Cochrane Z, Wilson AF.
- Comparison of vitamin D label dosing recommendations to North American national guidelines.
- Gregory PJ, Hein DJ, Abe AM, Cochrane ZR, Wilson AF.
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors: a new approach to managing diabetes.
- Hein DJ.
- Probiotics for increasing CD4 counts in HIV patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis, 2016
- An evidence-based evaluation of the safety of botanical ingredients in dietary supplements marketed to pregnant and lactating women [poster]; Natural Supplements: An Evidence-Based Update (Scripps), San Diego, CA, 2016
- Assessing the impact of using video to provide feedback on written assignments [poster]; University Assessment Symposium, Omaha, NE, 2015
- Characterization of drug information requests from long-term care pharmacists [poster]; ASCP National Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, 2015
- Dietary supplement interactions with HIV medications: a systematic review [poster]; ACCP Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2015
- Assessing the impact of using video to provide feedback on written assignments [poster]; AACP Annual Meeting, National Harbor, MD, 2015
- Probiotics for the treatment of infantile colic: a systematic review [poster]; Natural Supplements: An Evidence-Based Update (Scripps), San Diego, CA, 2015
- Google Power Searching for Pharmacists: How to apply the hidden tools of Google for drug information; ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Anaheim, CA, 2014
- Green tea product epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) content and label information: A descriptive analysis [poster]; American Society for Nutrition: Advances and Controversies in Clinical Nutrition, National Harbor, MD, 2014
- Characterization of ingredients in pre-workout supplements and systematic evaluation of their safety and effectiveness; Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference, Omaha, NE, 2014
- Crowdsourced evidence vs. clinical research-based evidence for rating the effectiveness of commonly used dietary supplements [poster]; 1st Place – Resident/Fellow Research Competition; Natural Supplements: An Evidence-Based Update (Scripps), San Diego, CA, 2014
- The impact of whey protein supplementation on muscle strength and body composition: a systematic review and meta-analysis [poster]; American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Albuquerque, NM, 2013
- The impact of whey protein supplementation on muscle strength and body composition: a systematic review and meta-analysis (preliminary results); Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference, Omaha, NE, 2013
- Assessment of drug-supplement interactions in consumer-focused drug interaction checkers; Pharmacy Grand Rounds; Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 2013
- Impact of allocation concealment on study outcomes in clinical trials evaluating dietary supplements; Innovations in Drug Information Practice and Research; ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, 2012
- Overview of Immunizations for You and Your Client’s Protection; Nebraska Office on Aging (ENOA) Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent Program; Omaha, NE, 2011
- Nebraska Daycare and School-Age Vaccine Exemption Laws; Immunization Task Force of Metro Omaha Steering Committee, Omaha, NE, 2011
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Dietary supplements
- Excellence in Pharmacy Award, Mylan Institute of Pharmacy, 2012