Edward Birmingham, JD, LLM
School of Law
Professor Birmingham worked for the Internal Revenue Service in Washington, D.C., from 1964-1967; was a visiting professor at Creighton for the academic year 1967-1968 and an assistant professor at the University of South Dakota School of Law from 1968-1970. He joined the Creighton faculty in 1970 and previously served as associate dean from 1977-1985, 2010-12. He has participated in professional education courses in Nebraska, South Dakota, and Iowa.
- Edward J. Birmingham, Conflict of Laws, in Personal Injury: Actions, Defenses, Damages (Matthew Bender 1993 & Supp. 1993-1995) (Louis R. Frumer et al. eds.).
- John E. North, Edward J. Birmingham & William E. Peters, State Inheritance and Estate Tax and Local Taxes, in Nebraska Estate Administration Handbook (1968).
- Edward J. Birmingham & Patrick J. Peartree, Taxation of Political Contributions, 7 Creighton L. Rev. 554 (1974).
- Edward J. Birmingham, Nebraska Inheritance and Estate Taxes, 2 Creighton L. Rev. 284 (1969), reprinted in Nebraska Probate Manual (Neb. Continuing Legal Educ. ed., 1971).
- Edward Birmingham, Business Purpose Requirement for Spin-Offs Under Section 355, 14 S.D. L. Rev. 250 (1969), reprinted in N.Y. B.J. (1969) and Tax L. Dig. (1969).
- Edward J. Birmingham, Tribute to Creighton’s Negotiations Team, 36 Creighton L. Rev. 1 (2002) (dedication).