Gary N. Elsasser, PharmD, BCPS
Gary N. Elsasser, PharmD, BCPS
Vice Chair, Academic and Administrative Support, Department of Pharmacy Practice
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Omaha Campus
- Pharmacy Practice
- Family and Community Medicine
- Instructor of Record PHA 512 Acute Care Clerkship
- Instructor of Record PHA 560 Advanced Acute Care Clerkship
- Lecturer PHA 313 Calculations
- Lecturer PHA 415 Pharmacotherapeutics
- Lecturer PHA 416 Pharmacotherapeutics
- , 78, Article 40 (5 pages)
- , 78(2), 1-5
- , 21(3), 172-175
- , 86(7), 643-649
- , 22(3), 121-128
- , 74, 26-26
- , 73, 934-941
- , 79, 785-791
- , 6, Article 3
- , 64, 1294
- , 70, Article 65
Grant Funding Received
- A randomized, double-blind, parallel group study to investigate the safety and efficacy of treatment with dutasteride and tamsulosin, administered once daily for four years, alone and in combination on the improvement of symptoms and clinical outcome in men with moderate to severe symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- An open label study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of topical Kleer-MC for treatment of molluscum contagiosum
- Study of duloxetine HCl in women of different demographic characteristics and co-morbidities with stress urinary incontinence: evaluation of safety and efficacy.
- A rmulticenter, double-blind, randomized studyt to compare the efficacy and safety of levofloxacin 750 mg once daily for five days versus ciprofloxacin twice daily for ten days in the treatment of complicated urinary tract infection or acute pyelonephritis.
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the safety and efficacy of sustained release bupropion in treatment of nicotine addiction among teenage smokers.
- A randomized, double-blind, multicenter, positive-controlled, parallel group study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Lotrel compared to Zestoretic in hypertensive patients.
- Around the clock versus while awake dosing of albuterol sulfate/ipatropium bromide: is there a difference in outcomes?
- Accuracy of a vancomycin dosing nomogram in achieving target trough concentrations.
- Excellence in Teaching, Department of Family Medicine , 2019
- Excellence in Community Service, School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, 2019
- Excellence in Teaching, Rho Chi Honor Society of Creighton University, 2019
- Consultant - MMIC, 2015
- Consultant - Kopejtka v Laflan, 2012
- Expert Witness - Helms v Lincoln Sergical Hospital, 2012
- Expert Witness - Helms v Rechmeyer, 2012
- Consultant - Polk v Bryan LGH, 2011
- Consultant - Sosman v Brown, 2010
- Excellence in Scholarly Activity, School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, 2009
- Excellence in Teaching, School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, 2006
- Outstanding Teacher for Academic year 2000-2001, Administration for the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, 2001
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Rho Chi Honor Society, 2001
- Excellence in Teaching, Creighton University School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, 1991