Marilee Aufdenkamp, RN, MSN
College of Nursing
- Medical surgical Nursing
- Assistant Professor
- Whittaker, A. A. , Aufdenkamp, M., Tinley, S. Barriers and facilitators to electronic documentation in a rural hospital, Journal of nursing scholarship, 41(3), 293-300, 2009
- Aufdenkamp, Marilee , Hadenfeldt, C., Darabaris, M., Frailty assessment in patients utilizing a free clinic., Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved, 0000
Banzhaf, S., Davis, B., Woster, J., Tucci, C., McCafferty, K., Parks, J., Kirkpatrick, M., Minnich, M., Sloane, C., Aufdenkamp, M., Beierman, T. (accepted for panel presentation, 2017) Following a crosswalk: intentional integration of spirituality in an accelerated nursing curriculum. Through the Eye of the Needle: Commitment to Justice in Jesuit Higher Education conference. University of Seattle, August 10-13, 2017
- Schlup Woods, S., Woster, J., Selig, C., Aufdenkamp M., Harms, A., Goodman, J., & Hercinger, M. (2016) Identifying spiritual needs for baccalaureate nursing students in a multi-campus Jesuit university. Poster presentation. Iota Tau 27th Annual Research Day, Omaha, Nebraska, 2016
- Woster, J., McCafferty, K.L., Aufdenkamp, M., Goodman, J.T. & Bunton, A.J. (2016) Evaluation of clinical performance in pre-licensure nursing students – can standardization occur? Poster presentation. Iota Tau 27th Annual Research Day, Omaha, Nebraska., 2016
- Hadenfeldt, C., Aufdenkamp. M., & Darabaris, M. (2016) Use of a multi-dimensional frailty assessment instrument on patients utilizing a free clinic. Poster presentation. Midwest Nursing Research Society 40th Annual Research Conference, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2016
- Hadenfeldt, C., Aufdenkamp, M., Parks, J., & Lueth, C. (2013) Impact of a Heart Failure Health Enhancement Program. Nebraska Nurses Association Annual Convention, Kearney Nebraska, 2013
- Hadenfeldt, C., Aufdenkamp, M., Parks, J., & Lueth, C. (2013) Impact of a Heart Failure Health Enhancement Program. Sigma, Theta Tau Research Day, Creighton University, Omaha Nebraska, 2013
- Aufdenkamp, M & Carpenter, D. (2012, March) Diabetes Update, 2012. Continuing Education Offering. South Heartland District Health Department. Hastings, Nebraska, 2012
- Aufdenkamp, M. & Whittaker, A. Impact of An Electronic Health Record on Nursing Care Activities in a Rural Midwestern Hospital. Sigma, Theta Tau Research Day, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha Nebraska, 2009
- Aufdenkamp, M. & Whittaker, A. Nurses’ Perception of Barriers and Facilitators to Implementation of an Electronic Health Record System in a Rural Hospital. Poster Presentation Methodist Research Day. Methodist Hospital. Omaha, Nebraska, 2009
- Aufdenkamp, M. & Hoeft, T. (1997, October) Total Hip Clinical Pathway Development. Poster presentation. NNA State Convention. Lincoln, Nebraska, 1997
- Aufdenkamp, M. & Hoeft, T. (1997, September) Promoting Coordination of Patient Care Through the Use of Clinical Pathways in a Rural Referral Hospital. Poster presentation. Interdisciplinary Practice Workshop. St. Lukes Hospital. Kansas City, Missouri., 1997
- Aufdenkamp, M. & Kampsneider, C. (1996) Collaborative Care Through Critical Pathway Development: The Small Rural Hospital Experience. NNA State Convention. Hastings, Nebraska., 1996
- Naylor, H., Hadenfeldt, C., Aufdenkamp, M. Utilizing a Flipped Classroom and Creative Learning Strategies for Pharmacology Instruction with Accelerated Nursing Students. Proposal submitted 1/2019 for presentation of a Skill Building Session. 2019 Nursing Educator in the Rockies Conference.
Research and Scholarship Interests
Creating an environment of spirituality for distanced campus students.
Current Research Projects
- • IRB #649345-1: Identifying Spiritual Needs for Baccalaureate Nursing Students in a Multi-campus Jesuit University • IRB #14-17087: Evaluation of a Frailty Assessment Instrument in Non-Geriatric Adults at a Primary Care Clinic for a Medically Under served Population
Grant Funding Received
- Following a Crosswalk: The Intentional Integration of Spirituality in an Accelerated Nursing Curriculum. Purpose is to provide opportunities for students to explore the relationship between the Ignatian Values, Spiritual Care, and Reflective Practice
- Williams, J., Aufdenkamp, M., Selig, C., Russell, C., Hirsch, K. Nursing Student Perceptions of Excellent Characteristics of Staff Nurse Instructors in a Dedicated Education Unit Model. IRB application preparation (2/2019 in progress).
- McCafferty, K., Flott, B., Aufdenkamp, M., Jessen, J., Beiermann, T., Palmer, L. Bringing Foundational Coursework to Life Using SMART Boards, High Fidelity Manikins, and an Unfolding Case Scenario. Creighton University TLC Grant Application submitted 1/7/2019. Revise and resubmit letter received 2/13/2019 (in process).
- Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital Evidence-Based Practice Council, 2008