Margo J. Minnich, DNP, RN
College of Nursing
- Nursing - Bachelors
- Assistant Professor
- Introduction to Nursing
- Public Health/Community Health Nursing
Dr. Margo Minnich joined the faculty at Creighton University College of Nursing in 2011. Her clinical expertise is public health nursing and she brings a variety of experiences in this area including refugee health, homeless health, communicable disease, and family case management. Her research focus has centered around vulnerable populations including refugee and homeless populations as well as the scholarship of teaching and learning for nursing students.
- Heinemenn, L. L., Minnich, M., Nasir, L., Rodlach, A., Herzog, C., Mitchell, C., Vorhees, J., Desai, C., & Kim, M. Social capital(s) in refugee resettlement, The Cambridge Companion to Cormac McCarthy, 0000
- Graves, J. K., Goodman, J. T., Hercinger, M., Minnich, M., Murcek, C. M., Parks, J. M., & Shirley, N. Evaluation of embedded audio feedback on writing assignments, Journal of Nursing Education, 54(1), 41-44, 2015
- Heinemann, L., Minnich, M., Nasir, L., Rodlach, A., Travers-Gustafson, D., Herzog, C., & Mitchell, C. Medical interpreting for Burmese and Bhutanese refugees in Omaha: Transforming clinical and community space, Anthropology News, 54(11-12), 53-54, 2013
- Minnich, M., Shirley, N. Enhancing a Public Health Nursing Shelter Program, Public Health Nursing, 0000
- Minnich, M., Kirkpatrick, M., Chapple, H., Goodman, J., Schoening, A., Whitaker, A., & Khanna, M. Writing across the curriculum: How reliable is our standardized rubric? (podium presentation). Creighton University Office of Academic Excellence and Assessment Grant Series. , 2017
- Minnich, M., Kirkpatrick, M, Chapple, H., Goodman, J., Schoening, A., & Whitaker, A. Writing across the curriculum: How reliable is our standardized rubric? (poster). University Assessment Symposium 2016., 2016
- Minnich, M., Rusch, L., Boehm, K., George, K., & Panopolous, D. Project Homeless Connect (poster). At the National Students Nurses Association Annual Convention Phoenix, AZ., 2015
- Minnich, M., Kirkpatrick, M., Goodman, J., Schoening, A., Stanton Chapple, H., & Whittaker, A. Standardizing writing assessment across the undergraduate nursing curriculum. (Poster) Creighton University Assessment Symposium., 2015
- Francisco, L., Gray, C., Minnich, M., Marieni, M., Kudlacz, A., M., & McVea, K. Local global health: Refugee and immigrant populations panel. (Panel presentation) Global Health Conference Midwest. Omaha, NE., 2015
- Minnich, M. Community assessment. In Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Course. (Podium presentation) Presented to the Alegent Creighton Health – Faith Community Health Network., 2014
- Minnich, M. Disaster preparedness. (Podium presentation) Presented to the Health Occupations Student Association., 2014
- Minnich, M. Community assessment. In Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Course. (Podium presentation) Presented to the Alegent Creighton Health – Faith Community Health Network., 2013
- Graves, J. K., Goodman, J., Hercinger, M., Minnich, M., Parks, J. & Shirley, N. Evaluation of embedded audio feedback. (Poster) Nebraska Nurses Association Convention and House of Delegates. Kearney, NE., 2013
- Rodlach, A., Heinemann, L., Minnich, M., Nasir, L., & Travers Gustafson, D. Communities and communication: Health care for Bhutanese and Burmese refugees in Omaha. (Podium presentation) American Anthropological Association, 111th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA., 2012
- Arroyo, D., Brehm, J., Matson, J., Michael, M., Minnich, M., & Schager, H. Interprofessional practice in rehabilitation and healthcare in China: Student reflections on a unique cultural immersion experience. (Podium presentation) Creighton University. Omaha, NE., 2012
- Arroyo, D., Brehm, J., Matson, J., Michael, M., Minnich, M., & Schager, H. (2012). Interprofessional Practice in Rehabilitation and Healthcare in China: Student Reflections on a Unique Cultural Immersion Experience (Oral presentation) Creighton University. Omaha, NE, 2012
- Minnich, M & Schager, H. Pressure ulcer prevention in spinal cord injury patients (Podium presentation) Third Hospital of Hebei Medical University. Shijiazhuang, China., 2012
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Vulnerable populations - refugee and homeless populations Scholarship of teaching and learning - rubric development and reflective writing practices
Current Research Projects
- Scholarship of teaching and learning - rubric development and reflective writing practices
Grant Funding Received
- Office of Academic Excellence and Assessment Faculty Development Grant Titled: Writing across the Curriculum: How Reliable is our Standardized Rubric?
- Creighton University Office for Academic Excellence and Assessment. Faculty Development Grants for Assessment of Student Learning titled Community Health Nursing Clinical Immersion Experiences.
- Association for Community Health Nursing Educators research granted titled Public Health Nursing Dedicated Education Unit for Clinical Education.