Margaret T. Schumacher, PT, DPT
Coordinator, Physical Therapy Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC)
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
- Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Assistant Professor
- Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
- Academic Coordinator of Geriatric Physical Therapy Residency
- Co-director of Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC) PT program
- Professional Formation IV
- Doctor of Physical Therapy; Creighton University, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish for the Health Professions; Marquette University, 2004
Current Research Projects
- Greiner B, Patterson A, de la Garza M, Schumacher M, Mu K, Qi Y. The effectiveness of professional education on occupational and physical therapy students' perception on evidence-based practice. Poster presentation accepted at: 2018 American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference & Expo; April 2018; Salt Lake City, UT.
Schumacher M, Hoffman J, Knight H. A model for innovation in clinical education: A 20-year history of physical therapy in the Dominican Republic. Poster presented at: American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, HPA Section/Global Health Special Interest Group; February 2018; New Orleans, LA.
Schumacher M, Knight H, Hoffman J, Wong S. The impact of integrating global health with clinical education in physical therapy students. Poster presented at: Global Health Conference of the Midwest; January 2018; Omaha, NE
Greiner B, Patterson A, de la Garza M, Schumacher M, Mu K, Qi Y. The effect of professional education on OT & PT attitudes toward evidence-based practice. Poster presented at: Creighton University Assessment Symposium; November 2017; Omaha, NE.
Greiner B, Patterson A, de la Garza M, Schumacher M, Mu K. Occupational and physical therapy students’ attitudes toward persons with disabilities and the use of evidence-based practice. Poster presented at: Nebraska Occupational Therapy Association Conference; February 2017; Omaha, NE.
Hoffman JE, Pogge M, Peck K. Rehabilitation in Shijiazhuang, China and Santiago, Dominican Republic: Cultural immersion experiences & impact on student learning in physical therapy. Poster presented at: American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, HPA Section/Global Health Special Interest Group; February 2015; Indianapolis, IN.
Pogge M, Miller J. Impact of a home exercise program emphasizing thoracic mobility and respiratory exercise on an individual following CVA: A case study. Poster presentation at: American Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference and Exposition; June 2007; Denver, CO.