Olaf E. Bohlke, PhD
College of Arts and Sciences
- Modern Languages and Literatures
- Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. Michigan State University - German Studies.
- Fluent in German, English, Spanish, and French (~B1).
- Dissertation on Computer Assisted Language Learning, CALL: "A Comparative Discourse Analysis of Output Produced by Learners of German in a Chatroom and Face-To-Face Discussion Group, and its Potential Implications for Foreign Language Instruction.”
- Two eFellowships at Creighton U.
- Former "Director of Hitchcock Language Resource Center" (HLRC) supporting Classical and Near-Estern Studies and Modern Languages & Literatures. Creighton University, (August 1998-May 2013).
Collaborating author of article “Supporting the Path to Proficiency-Virtual Dual Immersion” The Foreign Language Technology Magazine (ALTEC, CU Boulder) in collaboration with the Project Coordination Team AUSJAL University Consortium and the AJCU-AUSJAL University Project Coordinators, June 2013.
, The Foreign Language Technology Magazine, 2013
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Computer Assisted Language Learning; Assessment; Culture; Second Language Acquisition; Teaching languages in general.
Current Research Projects
- Virtual Dual-Immersion, e.g. video eTandems, Intercultural Compentence.