Olaf Bohlke, PhD
College of Arts and Sciences
- Modern Languages and Literatures
- Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. Michigan State Univerity - German Studies.
- Fluent in German, English, Spanish, and French (~B1).
- Dissertation on Computer Assisted Language Learning, CALL: "A Comparative Discourse Analysis of Output Produced by Learners of German in a Chatroom and Face-To-Face Discussion Group, and its Potential Implications for Foreign Language Instruction.”
- Two eFellowships at Creighton U.
- Director of Hitchcock Language Resource Center (HLRC). Creighton University, (August 1998-May 2013).
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Computer Assisted Language Learning; Assessment; Culture; Second Language Acquisition; Teaching languages in general.
Current Research Projects
- Use of video in teaching, e.g. www.SCOLA.org with all its features.