Model lifelong learning and create positive outcomes
We know that a love of learning comes with the territory when you’re an educator. A professional development course can help you expand your educational toolbox (and scratch that itch to learn) in a timeframe that fits your busy schedule.
Creighton University offers a variety of practical professional development courses that can support educators in both public and private schools. Our courses are led by expert instructors, and they offer experiential learning opportunities plus provide skills you can immediately use in the workplace.
Designed with busy professionals in mind, Creighton’s professional development courses are flexible and streamlined. Many are offered online, and shorter time commitments mean they can fit into your busy schedule.
If you’re looking for a broader specialization and have more time to commit to your studies, a Graduate Certificate in Education might be the right fit for you.
Discover All of Creighton’s Professional Development Courses in Education
Completing a professional development course is an excellent way to expand your toolbox and show educational institutions exactly how you add value.
Explore taking a professional development course in education
Find the course that fits your goals below. Click a course name to see details about what the class covers, its duration, method (online or on campus) and more.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to address the social emotional learning (SEL) needs of a diverse student population.
- Teachers and principals: Pair up and join the online Catalyst program, which is designed to grow the Catholic school leadership skills of aspiring leaders.
- Remote teaching brings unique challenges. This series of courses explores how Catholic educators can foster community virtually and keep the classroom grounded in essential values.
- Explore the latest research on self-care and establish your own self-care plan.
- This online course will explore the science and evolution of happiness and well-being and help participants develop a personal purpose statement.
- The course includes lesson plans and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your 3D printing experience. When the 3D printing workshop is over, participants will each get a 3D printer and filament to take back to their classroom.
- This one-day workshop is great for those new to design thinking. Explore the concepts that drive this methodology and discover how to bring it to your classroom.
- Teaching is a uniquely demanding profession. This online course explores techniques to improve well-being and strengthen resiliency.
- Discover a powerful approach to discipline that focuses on repairing harm through inclusive processes that engage all stakeholders, shifting the focus of discipline from punishment to learning.
- Learn how to put the needs of students front and center when developing your instructional coaching goals.