By combining state-of-the-art technology with the latest techniques developed and refined by Creighton University physicians, the Esophageal Center is a proven leader in the diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal disorders. On account of their extensive experience and commitment to excellence, more esophageal procedures have been performed by physicians at Creighton University Medical Center Esophageal Center than any other medical facility in the region.
Several generations of expert esophageal surgeons have guided the esophageal program to continued success, which provides a long-standing heritage of expertise. Our esophageal surgeons perform the most complicated cases, which are referred by other esophageal surgeons.
Furthermore, our surgeons are the educators of other surgeons from the United States and many other countries. We follow a systemic method of patient follow-up care and have a nursing staff that specializes in esophageal care. Once a month, we lead a multidisciplinary esophageal conference that is devoted to solving complex patient problems.
The physicians and staff members of the Esophageal Center perform a variety of procedures for the treatment of gastroesophageal disorders and esophageal cancer. These include:
- Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication - pioneers with more than 2,000 operations performed
- Endoluminal Gastroplasty
- Stretta Procedure - Leaders in the development of intraluminal therapies for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Laparoscopic Redo Fundoplication - more than 150 performed in the last five years
- Heller Myotomy - da Vinci(TM) robotic system for difficult Heller myotomies and thoracoscopic myotomies
- Esophagectomy - Endoscopic Ultrasound Evaluation performed and state-of-the-art post operative critical and operative experience
The physicians and staff of the esophageal testing laboratory perform several procedures, which assist in the diagnosis of patients with esophageal disorders. These procedures include:
- BRAVO pH Monitoring - more than 5,000 manometries and 5,000 pH monitoring studies performed
- Esophageal Manometry
- Upper Endoscopy
- Plicator Procedure
- The Barrett’s Surveillance Clinic
- PillCam(TM) ESO Procedure