January 26, 2018: Administrative Transitions
I would like to announce that John Wilhelm, vice president for Administration, is leaving the University after nearly 14 years of service. John will begin to transition responsibilities over the next two months and will concentrate on several key strategic plan and capital projects, ending full-time service with us on March 12, 2018.
With the recent announcement of Dan Burkey’s coming retirement from the senior vice president for Operations position and the commencement of a search process for his replacement, I am evaluating options for addressing the vice president for Administration’s responsibilities and reporting lines.
I want to thank John for his many contributions to Creighton over the years and for his leadership of the Administration Division’s campus service areas. His thoughtfulness, thoroughness, sensitivity to mission, and friendship will be missed, and before John leaves, we will take time to celebrate his myriad accomplishments at Creighton University.
With regard to Dan’s retirement, I would like to announce the formation of a search committee, as well as campus listening sessions, that will guide our efforts to fill the senior vice president for Operations position.
The search committee comprises the following:
- Tanya Winegard, PhD, vice provost for Student Life – committee chair
- Gary Witt, member, Creighton University Board of Trustees
- Tom Murray, PhD, provost
- Jim Jansen, JD, general counsel
- Robert “Bo” Dunlay, MD, dean, School of Medicine
- Gail Jensen, PhD, dean, Graduate School and College of Professional Studies
- The Rev. Jim Clifton, SJ, associate dean for Mission, Identity and Diversity, School of Medicine
- Janel Allen, associate vice president for Human Resources
- John Darwin, special assistant to the president – staffing
- Charles Braymen, PhD, associate professor, Heider College of Business
- Anne Ozar, PhD, associate professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Sheri Bacon, senior buyer, Strategic Sourcing
- Shavonne Washington-Krauth, program manager, School of Medicine
- Patrick Marta, junior, College of Arts and Sciences; Creighton Students Union president
Listening sessions will provide our campus community with the opportunity to provide valuable insight into this important personnel search. I invite you to join us at one of the following sessions, as your schedule permits:
- Jan. 31, 12:15-1 p.m., Harper 3028
- Feb. 2, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m., Skutt 105
- Feb. 5, 9-9:45 a.m., Skutt 105
Please join me in thanking both John and Dan for their service to the University, and I look forward to the insight we will learn from you in these upcoming listening sessions.
Rev. Daniel S. Hendrickson, SJ