Lifestyle Medicine (Graduate Certificate)
Other Programs Available
Think about health care through a different lens.
Creighton’s online Graduate Certificate in Lifestyle Medicine is for health and wellness professionals who want to help individuals take charge of their own health.
Because many of the factors that determine an individual’s health are environmental and behavioral, this program stresses the importance of making healthy and sustainable lifestyle changes in preventing, treating and reversing chronic disease.
You’ll learn to take a whole-person approach in designing, implementing and modifying lifestyle medicine programs and explore the many factors that impact an individual’s health – from nutrition to exercise to sleep to stress management and more.
You’ll benefit from this program’s interdisciplinary nature as you learn from faculty and practitioners across a variety of health care occupations.
Advance your education on your own time.
The Lifestyle Medicine Graduate Certificate requires 15 credit hours and can be completed fully online. If you’re a health care professional looking to advance your knowledge and skills on your own time, this program is for you.
Should you decide to continue your education and pursue a master’s degree, courses completed in this program will also fulfill 15 credit hours toward Creighton’s Master of Science in Health and Wellness Coaching.
The Lifestyle Medicine Graduate Certificate consists of 15 credit hours and can be completed fully online. Each class is eight weeks long.
- Writing for Graduate Students
- Advanced Lifestyle Medicine
- Health Behavior Modification
- Nutrition for Chronic Disease
- Exercise for Chronic Disease
- Stress and Sleep Management
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Current resume
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages, double spaced) outlining reasons for applying for admission, the intended goals and personal philosophy on health and wellness coaching
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof of regular access to the technology needed to take online courses
- Proof of completion of a health-related degree, credentialing or health-related coursework
- International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements
International applicants who are formally admitted must complete and submit a Certification of Available Finances Form through the Global Engagement Office
Creighton University reserves the right to request GRE scores or a personal interview.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance. Here’s how to apply:
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
Tuition and fees for all programs
|Start Classes in||Apply By|