Christian Spirituality (Master of Arts)
When you pursue your MA in Christian spirituality at Creighton University, you’ll gain a thorough knowledge of Christian spirituality based on Scripture, church tradition and Christian heritage, contemporary theology and psychology with an emphasis on Ignatian spirituality. This 33-credit program is offered during the summer only, with 2 4-week sessions each year. You can attend 1 or both summer sessions and complete the program in 3 to 6 years.
If you’re interested in learning more about Christianity, have a desire to further your spiritual development or hope to prepare for ministries of spiritual direction, then this is the perfect program for you.
Students who graduate from this program gain an apostolic spirituality, which promotes the deep spiritual and moral renewal needed for Christians to respond appropriately to the many urgent issues facing humanity in the 21st century. Graduates often pursue careers in teaching or ministry.
- Christian heritage
- Church tradition
- Critical thinking and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Completed graduate school application and $50 fee
- 3 completed recommendation forms
- 3 letters referring to your life of faith and prayer
- Official transcripts
- 12 credits of recent undergraduate theology in the following areas: Old Testament, New Testament, Theological ethics, Contemporary Christian theology
- GRE may be waived for well-qualified applicants
Send all items to:
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
It is highly recommended that you complete the admission process by April 1.
Complete and submit the Certification of Available Finances Form and an Insurance Verification Form on the Global Engagement Office site. Note: A SEVIS fee is required. Information about the SEVIS fee will be sent with your I-20. Contact Shama Ali in the Global Engagement Office at sali [at] creighton [dot] edu for questions.
International applicants should complete the admission process by Jan. 1.