Early Childhood Education (Graduate Certificate)
Other Programs Available
Change a child’s future as an early childhood educator.
Early childhood education is crucial to a child’s success, with 90 percent of brain development occurring before age 5. If you’re looking to advance your career as an early childhood educator, consider Creighton University’s Early Childhood Education Graduate Certificate.
In this program, you’ll learn to create healthy, respectful, supportive and challenging learning environments for all children. You’ll understand the importance of developing partnerships with families and learn to build relationships that support and empower children and families.
Benefit from hands-on learning.
This early childhood certificate program provides hands-on learning in clinical, community and school practicum settings. Exposure to a wide variety of teaching and assessment strategies will prepare you to understand and implement developmentally appropriate practice in your own classroom.
Earn your certificate in as little as one year.
This 18-credit program can be completed in about a year. Coursework centers around the National Association for the Education of Young Children’s (NAEYC) vision for all young children to thrive, learn and reach their full potential and is built on the Nebraska Department of Education endorsement standards.
Creighton’s Early Childhood Education Graduate Certificate consists of 18 credit hours and can be completed in about a year. Coursework includes:
- Foundations and Best Practices of Early Childhood Education
- Investigating Critical and Contemporary Trends and Issues in Early Childhood Education
- Content and Methods Specific to Early Childhood Education
- Significant Concepts for Early Childhood Education
- Assessment, Observation, Screening and Evaluation in Early Childhood Education
- Becoming an Early Childhood Teaching Professional
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements
International applicants who are formally admitted must complete and submit a Certification of Available Finances Form through the Global Engagement Office
2018-19 special tuition rate: $560 per credit hour
This does not include fees, books or other expenses.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
View also the federal gainful employment disclosure.
|Start Classes in||Apply By|