Health Care Ethics (Master of Science)
Other Programs Available
The Master of Science in Health Care Ethics program consists of 33 credit hours. All students complete 30 hours of core coursework and select a minimum of 3 hours in electives.
- Scholarly Reading and Writing
- Health Policy
- Research Ethics
- Law and Health Care Ethics
- Social and Cultural Contexts of Health Care
- Philosophical Bioethics
- Theories of Justice
- Practical Ethics in Health Care Settings
- Ethical Aspects of End-of-Life Care
- Rescue and Transplantation: Manifestations of Scarcity and Power in U.S. Health Care
- Public Health Ethics
- Catholic Bioethics
- Oral Health Care at the Intersection of Professional and Business Ethics
- Independent Study in Health Care Ethics
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Health Care Bioethics Essay. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. Use school code 6121 for this program. This program may also accept prior graduate-level coursework or other test scores in lieu of a GRE score. Contact gradschool [at] creighton [dot] edu for more information
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics – 15 credit hours
This 15-credit online graduate certificate is highly customizable to your interests and career goals. You’ll take a required Scholarly Reading & Writing class, and four electives of your choice.
Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics Consultation – 15 credit hours
Gain hands-on experience in ethical assessment, analysis, process, and evaluation—and prepare for the Healthcare Ethics Consultant-Certified exam—in this 15-credit, online certificate program.