Healthcare Management (Graduate Certificate)
Other Programs Available
Position yourself for success in a rapidly growing field of Healthcare Management.
Creighton University’s Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management can help pave the way for you to become a leader in the business side of healthcare. Demand for health services managers is expected to rise over 15 percent in the next decade1. In as little as one year, this graduate certificate program can provide you with the core knowledge needed to position yourself for new opportunities in a number of health care organizations, including nursing administration, government offices, pharmaceutical sales, and even veterinary clinics.
Learn from multiple perspectives.
The Healthcare Management graduate certificate program lives within the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, which leads to a robust curriculum designed with the collaboration and shared resources of faculty members from various backgrounds. The unique perspectives offered by our faculty and other students in your cohort supplement course materials. You’ll exchange insights and expertise based on real-world experiences that can help enhance your prospects in a management role in healthcare.
Designed to fit your busy lifestyle.
Your busy schedule doesn’t have to keep you from advancing your skills. The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management program at Creighton University can be completed entirely online, meaning you can complete coursework whenever and wherever you like.
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) – September 2017
To earn the graduate certificate in Healthcare Management at Creighton University, you must complete 15 credits:
- Managing Healthcare Organizations
- Law and Health Care Ethics
- Or Legal, Ethical, and Societal Considerations in Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Economics and Finance
- Human Resources for Healthcare Managers
- One elective course
Goals of the program along with a full course listing can be found in Creighton’s course catalog.
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Master of Public Health (44 credits)
- Learn to promote positive change, solve population health issues, advocate for the health and well-being of your community, take a whole-person approach to public health, and promote disease control and prevention.
- Credits earned for the graduate certificate in Healthcare Management can be applied toward a Master of Public Health degree with a concentration in Healthcare Management.
- Available online.
A full listing of courses offered for the Master of Public Health program can be found in the course catalog.