Investment Management and Financial Analysis (MIMFA)
Other Programs Available
Coursework for this program is designed to provide a focused and in-depth study of the field of investments and portfolio management. The coursework includes nine required classes and one elective, for a total of 30 credit hours.
- Ethics & Professional Standards
- Fixed Income & Derivatives I
- Quantitative Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis I
- Economics of Investment Management
- Equity Analysis
- Fixed Income & Derivatives II
- Financial Statement Analysis II
- Portfolio Management
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Management within a Portfolio Context
The program elective may be selected from additional MIMFA offerings or MBA offerings with approval from the program director.
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Creighton University’s Master of Investment Management and Financial Analysis (MIMFA) program also holds accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Additional information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must include coursework in accounting, finance, microeconomics, macroeconomics, and business statistics. Must also include significant work experience in finance if undergraduate degree is not business-related
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Two letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
- GMAT score may be required (see policy below)
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
- must meet English language proficiency requirements
- who are formally admitted must complete and submit a Certification of Available Finances Form through the Global Engagement Office
You are not required to provide a GMAT score to apply if you have work experience, a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA, and a bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution.
If your cumulative GPA is less than 3.5, or if you have not received a bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution, you will be required to provide a GMAT score.
Regardless of applicant’s cumulative GPA, the admissions committee reserves the right to require an applicant to submit a GMAT score if there are concerns regarding the student’s achievement across all math, statistics, economics and finance courses previously completed.
Students can apply for conditional admission status, which allows you to take up to six credit hours of coursework before finalizing your formal application. This is a great option for those who haven’t yet taken the GMAT.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Dual Degree: Master of Investment Management and Financial Analysis + Master of Business Administration (MIMFA + MBA)
If you’re looking to enhance your business and leadership skills in addition to your finance skills, our MIMFA + MBA dual degree is a great option for you. You can complete both master’s degrees in much less time than if you were to pursue the two degrees separately – saving you time and money.