Analytics (Master of Science)
Harness the power of big data to move your company forward.
Data drives the way successful businesses operate. If you’re looking to bolster your analytical skills and use business intelligence to affect decisions and progress in your organization, consider Creighton University’s online Master of Science in Analytics program. This program will prepare you to:
- Manage data from a number of sources
- Use analytical tools to gain insights from data
- Effectively model and communicate findings to key stakeholders and decision-makers
You’ll gain practical knowledge in predictive and prescriptive analytics, data visualization and modeling, machine learning, database management, research and more. You’ll learn how to analyze data, solve complex problems, and drive decision-making processes.
Prepare for a future driven by analytics.
Demand for professionals with expertise in data and analytics is booming. Employers in nearly every industry are searching for professionals with analytical skill sets, including:
- Software Developers
- Data Scientists
- Marketing Analysts
- Marketing Managers
- Management Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Operations Research Analysts
Job growth for these roles is expected to rise 16% by 2028. Professionals in these roles earn an annual salary between $64,500 and $119,204.
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists Inc., June 2018
Designed to fit your goals and your busy schedule.
Creighton’s Master of Science in Analytics program can prepare you for opportunities in big data in just over two years. This program is designed with your goals and schedule in mind, including:
- 100% online coursework
- Asynchronous format that allows you to complete coursework at your own pace
- Concentrations in Business or Marketing
- Exhibit disciplinary knowledge in analytics
- Develop visualizations of data
- Create relational databases
- Evaluate a variety of analytics tools and techniques
- Analyze data with appropriate modeling techniques to support fact-based decision-making
- Think critically to aid decision-making
- Apply problem-solving skills in diagnosing and addressing business challenges
- Communicate professionally
- Effectively communicate analytical conclusions in a visual format
- Articulate assumptions, analyses and interpretations of data in an oral format
- Commit to action that demonstrates care for others
- Analyze a business ethics situation and propose a course of action
- Demonstrate knowledge of strategies to work effectively with others on diverse project teams
- Exhibit personal habits consistent with leadership formation
- Reflect on and articulate the relationships among personal values, professional obligations, and social responsibilities
To earn a Master of Science in Analytics at Creighton University, you must complete 33 credit hours:
- Mathematics for Data Analytics
- Statistics for Data Analytics
- Research Design and Methodology
- Predictive Analytics
- Applications of Optimization Modeling
- Survey of Business Intelligence and Analytics*
- Data Visual Analysis Visualization
- Machine Learning*
- Database Management Systems
- Data Warehousing and Advanced Database Systems
- Business Ethics and Society*
Students without proficiency in computer programming will be required to complete an additional one credit hour course at the beginning of the program.
Students may substitute courses starred in the above list with coursework in Business or Marketing.
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Creighton University’s Master of Science in Analytics program also holds accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Additional information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found at on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree, regardless of field, with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must include proficiency in computer programming and at least one undergraduate statistics course that covered correlation and regression. You may complete a noncredit statistics tutorial and/or a one-credit computer programming course to fulfill these requirements
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Two letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
- GMAT score may be required (see policy below)
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements.
You are not required to provide a GMAT score to apply if you have work experience, a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, and a bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution.
If your cumulative GPA is less than 3.0, or if you have not received a bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution, you will be required to provide a GMAT score.
Regardless of applicant’s cumulative GPA, the admissions committee reserves the right to require an applicant to submit a GMAT score if there are concerns regarding the student’s achievement across all math, statistics, economics and finance courses previously completed.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance:
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
Monthly Electronic Transfer (MET) Payment Plan
The Creighton Business Office offers a flexible monthly payment plan that enables you to make payments on your tuition and fees one chunk at a time. Learn more.
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Business Analytics (Graduate Certificate) (15 credits)
- Work on projects that involve real-world data sets, develop basic data-driven models, and obtain a basic understanding of analytics.
- Credits earned for a graduate certificate can be applied toward a Master of Science in Analytics
- See a full course listing in the course catalog
- Available on-campus
MBA + MS in Analytics
- Combine the business focus of the MBA program with a data and analytics focus
- Available in on-campus, online, or hybrid formats