Organizational Leadership (Graduate Certificate)
Discover what it takes to be a leader.
Learn the fundamentals of leadership, strategic problem solving and decision making, communication and management in as little as one year through Creighton University’s Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership program.
This program is a perfect option for professionals looking to advance their leadership skills without the time commitment of pursuing a master’s degree. However, should you decide to continue your education, coursework completed in this certificate program can be put toward a master’s degree in organizational leadership.
A certificate program with perspective.
Creighton University’s Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership lives within the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies. The curriculum is developed by faculty from varying backgrounds including business, health, education, law, and arts and sciences. You’ll be immersed in a network of classmates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and vantage points.
This interdisciplinary approach allows for classmates and faculty to exchange insights into their respective industries and professional experiences while you share your own. The program’s broad foundation will enhance your leadership skills and prepare you to succeed in a number of fields.
To earn the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership degree at Creighton University, you must complete 15 credits:
- Writing for Graduate Students
- Leadership Theory, Application and Reflection
- Strategic Orienteering and Execution Tactics
- Communicating and Leading Across Cultures
- Innovation and Adaptive Change
- Approaches to Human Capital
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must include two years of full-time work or leadership experience
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Two letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements.
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (36 credits)
- The courses required for the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership serve as the foundation for the program’s master’s degree. Complete elective courses in various fields, alongside a concentration in business, healthcare, or organizational leadership, to earn the master’s degree.
- Credits earned for the certificate in Organizational Leadership can be applied toward a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership degree.
- Available online.
A full listing of courses offered for the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership can be found in the course catalog.
Dual Degree Options
Students can earn complete a dual degree program to earn two master’s degrees at once, saving both time and money. The following dual degree options are available in organizational leadership:
- Master of Business Administration / MS Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution / MS Organizational Leadership