How to Search for Courses
These two resources will help you select courses.
Course Catalog: Use the catalog to find degree requirements and course information.
- Select the relevant catalog/catalog section, college and subject. Search for course descriptions, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Questions about academic policy or procedures? Search the catalog for details.
Course Schedule: Search for courses offered in a specific semester. To get started, click the link for the term you want search.
CATALOG SEARCH TIPS:
- Use the blue Navigation Links on the left to find information on a topic.
- Use links on the Horizontal Navigation Bar to access related details about the department or program noted in the Headline.
- If you want to access a PDF copy of the catalog, click "Print Options" and follow the prompts.
COURSE SCHEDULE SEARCH TIPS:
- To find the course schedule, go to your NEST login page. Click "Schedule of Courses."
- Select Term: On the Dynamic Schedule page, select the term you want to search, then click "Submit." NOTE: Be sure to select Fall 2016. Do not select Academic Term 2016-2017 -- you will get an error message.
- Search Instructions: Use the fields to narrow your course search by using down arrows or typing information. Use one or more fields, then click Section Search.
- Subject Search: Scroll through the list and click on a subject. (To scroll quickly, click in the Subject box, then type the first letter of the subject you're searching.)
- Attribute Search: For freshmen, Attribute Search will help you find courses that meet particular Magis Core requirements. Select a particular Attribute such as Magis Common Core: I Contemporary Composition. Then click "Class Search" to see a list of Sections Found.
- Class Schedule Listing/Sections Found:
- To view course description, prerequisites, co-requisites, or other requirements, click the Course Title. Next to the title are the Course Reference Number and the course Subject, Number and Section.
- Pay attention to the class time and days the courses meet. NOTE: The letters in the Days column correspond to specific weekdays -- M = Monday, T= Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday. There may be more than one section of a course, such as BIO 202 A. Each section has a different meeting day and time.
- Write down the CRNs (Course Reference Numbers) for the classes you want to take. You will use them when you register.
- Be sure to create a "first choice" list of classes/CRNs, as well as a list of alternates, in case you receive registration errors.
- To view required textbooks, click View Course Materials.
Need assistance? Contact the Registrar's office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-280-2702.