Raymond: Marketing and Economics Major
Heider College of Business
Class of 2016
Hometown: Woodbury, Minnesota
Creighton Extracurricular Activities
- Creighton University Ski/Snowboard Club (President)
- Creighton University Club Hockey (Manager/VP)
- Creighton GreenJays (Environmental Advocacy)
- Creighton College of Business Congress (Treasurer 2012-2014)
- Creightonian Photographer
- Freelance Press Photographer
- Freelance Writer
- Scott Honour for Governor Campaign (in Minnesota)
- Intramural soccer
- Downhill ski racing and road/mountain bike racing
What opportunities have made your Creighton experience unique and valuable?
I have had the opportunity to shadow with the Minnesota Wild professional hockey team and Quality Bicycle Products, the largest bicycle parts distributor in the world.
I also have been fortunate to have internships with:
- Sodexo Inc. (food service company)- marketing intern
- Colliers International (global commercial real estate firm)- brokerage intern
- Cummins Inc./Cummins NPower (engine/manufacturing company)- marketing intern
- INVESTYR LLC. (financial advisory/e-learning company)- marketing intern
- Inspiration Medical Technology (medical device company)- marketing/PR intern
For service opportunities, I have had the privilege to work with the following agencies and organizations:
- Siena Francis House
- Children’s Hospitals of Minnesota
- Special Olympics of Minnesota
- Habitat for Humanity
- Sharing and Caring Hands
- Feed My Starving Children
What do you think sets Creighton apart from other universities?
My Creighton University education and experience instilled in me a view of the world that is both compassionate/ethical and driven. Coming into the business school, I aspired to become a successful business professional, with money being the primary motivator. After experiencing my business ethics course with Dr. Hickman, many conversations with my advisor, Dr. Seevers, and participation in the many clubs that Creighton offers – especially the Heider Business Senate (student council organization), Creighton Ski & Snowboard Club, Creighton Club Hockey Team, intramural soccer, and a collectively involved and motivated student body – I have found myself in my faith (attending weekly mass at St. John’s) and my personal life. Performing community service at the Siena Francis House and Habitat for Humanity, participating in club hockey and skiing, and serving as a photographer for the Creightonian have played major roles in my personal development.
As a result of my business courses and with the help of Jeremy Fisher and the Career Center, I have had the opportunity to work in many internship positions. Notably, I worked in commercial real estate with two vice presidents of brokerage at Colliers International, Cummins Inc. and Sodexo Inc.
Beyond these internships, Creighton has given me the skills to seek out other opportunities – especially with photography. I have done extensive work with the NCAA and Creightonian here in Omaha, and have also been fortunate to take food photographs for Sodexo Inc. (a Fortune 500 company), commercial real estate photographs for Colliers International (a global real estate firm), and photos for the National Hockey League/Metroland Media in Canada.
From your experience, what do you feel are Creighton’s strengths in preparing students for their future?
Creighton has helped me to not only become a person who is motivated to pursue a successful business career, but to combine this drive with my passions, faith and ethics to make the world a better place.