EDGE Internship Program
A carefully supervised, paid, on-campus learning experience where students have purposeful professional objectives and learning outcomes to aid in career development. The program provides a hands-on method for students to validate the choice of major and career field while obtaining real-world experience.
- Students are coached and mentored by faculty and staff members to learn the successful behaviors and skills necessary in the workplace today.
- These paid, on-campus internships provide valuable experience for students starting on their professional journey.
The EDGE Internship Program provides so much more than a job opportunity. These on-campus internships provide valuable experience for students just starting out on their professional journey.
- EDGE Internships available fall, spring and summer terms
- 1 EDGE Internship per term per student
- Elevated learning experience not to exceed more than 25% clerical work
- Paid by the hiring department at varied rates
- Fall and Spring Terms: 10-hour commitment per week; not to exceed 29 hours for all on-campus employment. 12 weeks maximum per term.
- Summer Term: 10-hour commitment per week; not to exceed 40 hours for all on-campus employment. 14 weeks maximum.
- Any current undergraduate student. Graduate and Professional Degrees not eligible.
- No minimum GPA requirement (must be in good standing with the University)
- Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
- Based on the EDGE Internship Learning Outcomes
- Interns are evaluated at the end of each term by their supervisor
- Interns provide feedback about their experience when leaving the EDGE Internship Program
- Search Handshake for opportunities
- Upload resume and cover letter to Handshake for approval
- Submit application through Handshake
- Recommended mock interview and/or interview preparation appointment with a Career Counselor
- Interview with the employer
- If selected, the supervisor will reach out to extend an offer for the position
- Complete onboarding paperwork
- If not selected for that opportunity, you will receive an email informing you of the decision
- Continue to apply for additional internships; meet with a Career Counselor for more resources and internship tips
- Employer performance review
- EDGE Intern end of term review and end of program review (upon completion of 3 terms)
The EDGE Internship Program is designed as a learning opportunity for students. “On the job” performance and specific learning outcomes are assessed at the end of the each semester to ensure student growth and learning during every internship experience.
- Express oral and written ideas clearly and effectively
- Accept and utilize constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Ask meaningful and thoughtful questions as appropriate
- Present themselves in a positive and approachable manner
- Assist in supporting departmental initiatives
- Be flexible to re-prioritize according to team needs
- Develop positive working relationships to foster collaboration in a team environment
- Take accountability for personal performance and team outcomes
- Dress and act appropriately across professional situations
- Report to work reliably; proactively notify management of schedule changes
- Exercise ethical decision making and maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Understand and adhere to departmental and University policies and procedures
- Manage time and resources to produce professional level work
- Identify critical activities and tasks, prioritizing as necessary
- Utilize time appropriately; prevent non-work-related distractions from interfering with work
- Apply organizational tools to manage workload (calendar, Excel, lists, etc.)
- Operate available technology and systems to efficiently and effectively perform tasks
- Employ the use of logic, critical analysis, past experiences, and knowledge to solve problems
- Understand related industry terminology and common practices
- Take initiative towards personal and professional growth; utilize professional opportunities
The EDGE Internship Program provides many opportunities for a wide variety of student interests. These are competitive openings which require students to apply, interview and be selected by the position supervisor before beginning their internship.
|Participating Departments & Internships|
Business Office / Operations
Office of the Provost
Office of the Registrar
Global Engagement Office
Marketing & Communications
Business Service Center
College of Nursing
School of Pharmacy & Health Professions
Center for Public Health & Ethics
Office of Equity & Inclusion
CAS Honors Program
Schlegel Center for Service & Justice
Fine & Performing Arts Department
One Stop/Business Office
College of Arts and Sciences
Educational Opportunity Programs
Division of Student Life – Creative Suite
Office of Alumni Relations
John P. Fahey Career Center
Office of Interprofessional Scholarship,
School of Law
Education/MAGIS Catholic Teacher Corps
Department of Cultural & Social Studies
Card & Mail Services
Violence Intervention And Prevention (VIP) Center
Student Application Information
If you are a current Creighton student interested in applying for an on-campus EDGE Internship position please complete the following steps:
- Login to Handshake using the Creighton University Logon option (NetID and Blue Password)
- Search “Creighton University EDGE Internship”
- Identify the Internship(s) you are interested in
- Submit resume and cover letter* (separate cover letter for each position)
*If you would like a Career Counselor to review your Cover Letter or Resume, please schedule an appointment through Handshake or by calling 402.280.2722
EDGE Internship Request Process
- Update the appropriate EDGE Internship job description template to accurately describe the opportunity.
- Complete and submit the Internship Request Form: https://blueq.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_enUNiovK5IYOiXP
- EDGE Internship program staff will review the materials and grant internships based upon the quality of the experience and program capacity. Submitting a request does not automatically secure a position. The EDGE Internship program staff will follow up with you.
Center for Advising Resources and Support
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
Hixson-Lied Science Building, first floor