Transfer To Creighton
Make the move.
We know: Big changes can be complicated. Our goal is to make your transition to Creighton as smooth as possible. From figuring out which of your course credits transfer to helping you navigate the financial aid process, our admissions counselors are ready to help you through every stage of the process.
Can I afford it?
As an admitted Creighton transfer student, you’ll benefit from the full Creighton experience, including substantial merit-based scholarships and financial aid, personalized instruction, and opportunities to get involved through student organizations. Most importantly, you’ll hit the ground running thanks to our generous credit-transference policy and feel right at home in our tight-knit, supportive community.
Let's do this!
We encourage students looking to transfer for fall 2024 to complete their application by July 1, 2024 to allow ample time to receive an admission and financial aid decision and work with their academic advisor on a class schedule that will set them up for success in the fall semester. We will still accept applications, on a space available basis, after July 1, 2024.
The priority deadline for spring 2024 transfer students is December 1, 2023. We will still accept applications, on a space available basis, after December 1, 2023 keeping in mind that the first day of class is January 9, 2024.
You’ll need to get a few things in order before you can transfer. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Complete an Application for Undergraduate Admission. Your personal statement should answer the question: Why are you looking to transfer to another institution?
- Line up your transcripts. We’ll need official transcripts from high school and college. Both should be sent to the Admissions Office directly from the institution, either electronically or by mail.
- International Transcripts: If you attended a university outside of the United States, we require an official credit evaluation of your transcripts. Credit evaluations must be completed by a NACES-approved service. SpanTran is our recommended international transcript evaluation service. They have created a custom application for Creighton University that will ensure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate. You can access their application here: SpanTran Application - Creighton University.
- Complete a College Official’s Report. Your registrar, dean or another official can fill out this form, which verifies you’re in good standing with your institution.
- Submit letters of recommendation or test scores — if you like. These are optional.