Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization
For More Information:
Creighton Hall 333
2500 California Street
Omaha, NE 68178
The Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization was established in 1988, the centennial year of Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. The chair was established to provide an outstanding program in Jewish civilization with educational and cultural enrichment for Omaha's Jewish community. Philip M. Klutznick, who with his wife, Ethel Klutznick, established the Klutznick Chair, graduated from the Creighton University School of Law in 1930. Considered a world leader in Jewish affairs, Mr. Klutznick served on Creighton's first board of directors, received an honorary Doctorate of Law from Creighton in 1956, and was awarded Creighton's highest honor, the Manresa Medal, in 1979. Mr. Klutznick died in 1999; his generous legacy continues in the activities of the Chair and annual symposium.
Creighton began a joint venture with the Harris Center for Judaic Studies at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln for the 13th annual symposium held in September, 2000. The 14th annual Klutznick-Harris Symposium was held on both the UNL and Creighton campuses, with the keynote address taking place at the Omaha Jewish Community Center. Please connect to the menu on the left for more information on the Klutznick Chair and Klutznick-Harris Symposium.