March survey highlights:
* Overall index climbs above growth neutral for a fourth straight month.
* Employment gauge soars to highest level in more than 10 years.
* Wholesale inflation gauge climbs to its highest level in six years.
* Business confidence index remains healthy.
* Trade numbers advance for the month.
April Survey Results at a Glance:
* The overall index fell below growth neutral for the 20th straight month.
* Loan volume soars to record level as banks reject fewer loan applications.
* Almost one-third of bankers indicate no change in lending practices stemming from the downturn in the farm economy.
* For 2017, bank CEOs expect approximate cash expenses to exceed cash revenues for 17.1 percent of grain farmers, down from 19.5 percent in 2016.
* Farmland prices declined for the 41st straight month, but the percent of cash farmland sales remained steady from 2015.