September survey results at a glance:
* For a third straight month, the overall index was below growth neutral 50.0.
* Employment index remained below growth neutral for a fourth consecutive month.
* Government data show over the past 12 months regional manufacturing employment declined by 1.4 percent, but regional nonmanufacturing employment expanded by 1.1 percent.
* Approximately 23 percent of supply managers expect a Federal Reserve rate hike in the next few months to have a negative impact on their firmsí operations.
* The Hanjin Shipping bankruptcy had negative impacts on inventory replenishments.
October Survey Results at a Glance:
* For a 14th straight month, the Rural Mainstreet Index fell below growth neutral.
* Overall index slumps to lowest level since April 2009.
* Bank CEOs project more than one in five farmers with negative 2016 cash flows.
* More than one in four bank CEOs expect rising regulatory costs to be the biggest challenge to their bank operations over the next 5 years.
* Gains reported for Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota while losses were recorded for Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota and Wyoming.