Who can get married at St. Johnís Church at Creighton University?
St. John's Church will honor on a first come, first serve basis the wedding requests of students, alumni, faculty, staff of Creighton University and sons/daughters of Creighton University graduates, as well as parish members who have been registered for at least six months.
To request to be married at St. Johnís Church, call Kathleen Denne at 402-280-2975 or email at email@example.com.
To request to begin the Marriage Preparation Process at Creighton University/St. Johnís church call Kathy Martin at 402-280-2205 or contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Archdiocese of Omaha requires a minimum of six months for marriage preparation. Eight to twelve months is preferred for marriage preparation at Creighton/St. Johnís.
All engaged couples begin the Marriage Preparation Process by:
- Contacting the church in which they wish to have their wedding
- St. Johnís Church - Kathleen Denne at 402-280-2975
- Contacting the priest or deacon doing their wedding to confirm the date
- Contacting Marriage Preparation Coordinator
- At Creighton University/St. Johnís - Kathy Martin 402-280-2205 or email@example.com
- Meet with the Marriage Preparation Coordinator to receive information about the process of preparing for Catholic marriage
- Register for the required educational program
- either ďEngaged EncounterĒ or ďMarriage: A Journey for LifeĒ
- Register for the FOCCUS inventory on-line and attend approximately six sessions with their assigned FOCCUS facilitator or a priest
- Meet with the Marriage Preparation Coordinator for the final session covering the theology of marriage in the Catholic Church. In that same meeting the Marriage Preparation Coordinator will coordinate the final marriage documents
- Finally, each couple prepares their marriage liturgy with the priest celebrant for their wedding approximately one month before their wedding