Department of Surgery
Facilitating Exceptional Surgical Education and Research
Our Department of Surgery Mission
Advancing comprehensive healthcare is the core of our mission in the Department of Surgery at Creighton University School of Medicine. We strive to provide excellent surgical services, conduct innovative research and ensure exceptional education for all we serve.
Learning occurs in an academically challenging, yet supportive environment. Our learners become well trained in the fundamentals of surgery, including patient assessment and peri-operative care.
In addition to educating medical students, we offer:
- General Surgery Residency
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship
- Global Surgery Fellowship
- Head and Neck Fellowship
- Service Growth and Expansion
- Continuous Operational Improvement
- Enhanced Work & Scholarly Environment
- Health Promotion & Community Relationships
- Communication to Stakeholders