Excellence in Health Professions Education Collaborative (EHPEC)
The purpose of the Excellence in Health Professions Education Collaborative is to build a national collaborative around innovations in healthcare education and education research.
The collaborative will create a scholarly community where there are opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and collaboration in an environment that facilitates excellence in education for all learners across a continuum.
The collaborative is designed to do the following:
- Advance learning across all levels including entry-level students, residents, clinical lab educators, clinical instructors, residency mentors, clinicians, and faculty.
- Develop health professions educators across academic and clinical environments who can facilitate evidence-based learning through linking theory to practice
- Provide development opportunities for healthcare educators internal and external to Creighton University.
- Will build on initial efforts in PT education and expand programming across health professions in the future.
Reilly, Michelle PT, DPT; Furze, Jennifer PT, DPT; Black, Lisa PT, DPT; Knight, Heather PT, DPT; Niski, Jessica PT, DPT; Peterson, Julie PT, DPT; Jensen, Gail PT, PhD, FAPTA. Development of a Clinical Reasoning Learner Blueprint: A Guide for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment. Journal of Physical Therapy Education 36(1):p 43-50, March 2022.
- Quick Reference – Learning Theories
- Quick Reference – Assessment
- Quick Reference – Teaching Strategies by Level of Learner
- Quick Reference – Guided Questioning
- Quick Reference – Connecting Teaching & Theory Example 1
- Quick Reference – Connecting Teaching & Theory Example 2
- Quick Reference – Connecting Teaching & Theory Example 3
- Case Template – Assessment Strategies
- Case Template – Teaching Strategies