How to Apply to IELI
IELI applicants must
- be at least 17 years of age
- have completed high school (exceptions can be made for short-term study)
- demonstrate minimum proficiency on an approved test:
Documents you will need
- English proficiency test results from within the past 6 months
- A Certification of Available Finances Form, indicating funding from all sources.
- A bank statement showing the most recent 3 months of activity.
- A copy of the personal page of your passport.
The application deadline is two months before the beginning of the term:
- November 12 for Spring 2022
- (Summer 2022 TBD)
- June 17, 2022 for Fall 2022
Acceptance to IELI
Once accepted into IELI, you will need to pay $75 before we mail your acceptance letter and I-20 with further instructions. You will need those documents to apply for an entry visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate. Full-time students must enter the U.S. on a student visa, not a tourist visa.
Before you can begin classes, you will need to submit immunization records. You will receive information about how to upload these records in your admissions packet. If you are UNDER AGE 19, your parent or guardian will need to complete this Consent to Treat form.
Admission to the Bridge Program & Creighton University
Admission to Creighton's IELI does not include admission to degree programs at Creighton University, including the Bridge to Creighton. If you plan to enter Creighton University, you should apply for admission to the University.
Global Engagement Office
Suite 324, Third Floor
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CST)
Intensive English Language Institute
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178 USA