A Top 10 PT Program
Creighton University improved the landscape of physical therapy education with the creation of the nation’s first Doctor of Physical Therapy program in Omaha, Nebraska—a standard now followed by every PT program in the nation.
We are committed to national and international leadership in entry-level doctorate, specialization tracks and post-professional residency education. As a PT student at Creighton, you’ll find a unique, integrated curriculum and expertise in clinical reasoning. Above all, you’ll experience an education focused on patients.
PT Program Curriculum
At Creighton, the curriculum focuses on spiritual health, personal growth, self-reflection and PT as a life/career calling. Here, you’ll find a clinical education program with an emphasis on professional practice dispersed throughout the curriculum. Students also have extended periods of patient care experiences during full-time clinical practice in the final year.
Other highlights include:
- PT evaluation and treatment skills are introduced across the health spectrum and progress in medical complexity over subsequent semesters.
- Our unique integrated lab series “threads” curricular content and skill development across semesters.
- There’s an emphasis on health, wellness and prevention and a special focus on pain management.
- Foundational science courses are the basis for all clinical science courses.
- The curriculum will help you prep for ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) and CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists) certifications.
- In your fourth semester, you can focus your studies with a sports, women’s health or research specialization track that prepares you for advanced career opportunities, residency or pursuit of an advanced degree.
- Learning Communities are smaller groups of students who come together with faculty facilitators to explore critical topics contributing to students’ professional formation.
Interprofessional Education and Practice
Creighton University and our primary academic health partner, CHI Health, are national leaders in blending interprofessional collaborative practice with interprofessional education.
This innovative enterprise, the Center for Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research (CIPER), brings together the whole team of healthcare professionals, drawing on all disciplines to treat the patient from every angle—leading to better patient care.
Through the CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center–University Campus, health sciences students can put their education into practice in everyday situations with real-time decision making.
physical therapy program in the nation (U.S. News & World Report)
of students employed within 12 months of graduation
starting salary for most of our graduates
hours of service for students in 2021-2022
Beyond Creighton’s campus, the University finds itself in the heartland of America, Omaha, Nebraska. With a population of nearly 830,000 people, Omaha offers a healthy mix of cosmopolitan sophistication and suburban relaxation.
A thriving food scene supported by some of the nation’s best local produce. A long list of excellent public and private schools throughout the city. Three entertainment districts, all within proximity of Creighton. Great people. World-class healthcare.