Physical Therapy Admissions
Apply to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to interview on a first-come, first-served basis. Once interview seats are full, we may not have the ability to interview additional qualified candidates. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Important Dates for the Fall 2022 Admission Cycle
- PTCAS Launch Date: June 15, 2022
- Preferred Deadline: October 1, 2022
- Creighton Undergraduate Deadline: October 1, 2022
- PT - Omaha Program Deadline: January 16, 2023
- PT - Phoenix Program Deadline: March 1, 2022
Prerequisite course requirements and course completion deadlines can be found on the Doctor of Physical Therapy Prerequisites Page.
To apply, submit an online application and all supporting materials through PTCAS, a physical therapy centralized application service, which includes:
- An official transcript received from each institution the applicant has attended and/or is currently attending. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution(s).
- All fall/winter term 2022 transcripts should be directed to PTCAS.
- All spring/summer 2023 term transcripts should be directed to Creighton University Enrollment Services.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- One recommendation must come from a licensed physical therapist.
- We prefer that one letter come from a college professor who can attest to your ability to enter a competitive professional program. If you have been out of school for some time, letters from a work setting can be helpful. Do not submit letters from family members or friends.
- Proof of a minimum of 60 hours of observation supervised by a licensed physical therapist.
- Applicants will be considered for an interview prior to the completion of observation hours. Admitted candidates will be required to complete the minimum number of observation hours by August 1, 2023. It is highly recommended that candidates complete observation hours prior to their interview.
- Official GRE scores submitted through PTCAS using GRE school code 7757. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT GRE scores submitted directly to Creighton University.
- We will accept GRE test dates from January 1, 2020 to January 1, 2023. Applicants are highly encouraged to take the GRE no later than September 2022.
- International applicants must submit a foreign transcript evaluation to PTCAS, through an evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Personal interviews are required in the admission process. Qualified applicants will be notified via email if they are selected for an interview.
2022-2023 Personal Interview Dates
Dates coming soon!
Dates coming soon!
Fulfillment of basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission.
A selection system exists in which the Physical Therapy Admission Committee selects the applicants it considers best qualified for the study and practice of the profession from a pool of applicants. Admission is based on rigor of coursework, quality of academic institution, cumulative GPA, prerequisite science GPA, GRE score, recommendations, applicant statement, and interview.