Devi Mukkai-Krishnamurty, MB,BS
School of Medicine
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Assistant Professor
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences,M.B.,B.S.,8/2001-1/2007
- Krishnamurty DM, Blatnik J, Mutch M. Stoma Complications. , Clin Colon Rectal Surg, 3, 193-200, 2017
- Disparities in demographics among patients with pancreatitis-related mortality. Journal of Pancreas, Journal of Pancreas, 10 & 2, 174-80, 2009
- Fitzgibbons ,RJ , Jr., Quinn TH, Krishnamurty, D. Abdominal Wall Hernias In Greenfield's Surgery: Scientific Principles & Practices, 6th Edition Chapter 72, P1208-1257 2016 Dec Lipincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia , PA
- PMID 27926553 Dis Colon Rectum. Omission of Adjuvant Chemotherapy Is Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With T3N0 Colon Cancer With Inadequate Lymph Node Harvest.
Wells KO1, Hawkins AT, Krishnamurthy DM, Dharmarajan S, Glasgow SC, Hunt SR, Mutch MG, Wise P, Silviera ML., Diseases of the Colon & Rectum, 1, 15-21, 2017
- Hawkins AT, Wells KO, Krishnamurty DM, Hunt SR, Mutch MG, Glasgow SC, Wise PE, Silviera ML. Preoperative Chemotherapy and Survival for Large Anorectal Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors: A National Analysis of 333 Cases.
, Annals of Surgical Oncology, 2017
- Dray X, Donatelli G, Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Dubcenco E, Wroblewski RJ, Assumpcao L, Giday SA, Buscaglia JM, Shin EJ, Magno P, Pipitone LJ, Marohn MR, Kantsevoy SV, Kalloo AN.. A 2-microm continuous-wave laser system for safe and high-precision dissection during NOTES procedures. Dig Dis Sci. 2010 Sep; 55(9): 2463-70. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 20704034. Publication Status: Published., Digestive Diseases and Sciences
- Dray X, Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Donatelli G, Gabrielson KL, Wroblewski RJ, Shin EJ, Giday SA, Buscaglia JM, Pipitone LJ, Marohn MR, Kalloo AN, Kantsevoy SV.. Gastric wall healing after NOTES procedures: closure with endoscopic clips provides superior histological outcome compared with threaded tags closure. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2010 Aug; 72(2): 343-50. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 20674622. Publication Status: Published, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Dray X, Redding SK, Shin EJ, Buscaglia JM, Giday SA, Wroblewski RJ, Assumpcao L,Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Magno P, Pipitone LJ, Marohn MR, Kalloo AN, Kantsevoy SV.. Hydrogen leak test is minimally invasive and highly specific for assessment of the integrity of the luminal closure after natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery procedures (with video).. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2009 Mar; 69(3): 554-60. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19231499. Publication Status: Published.
- Dubcenco E, Assumpcao L, Dray X, Gabrielson KL, Ruben DS, Pipitone LJ, Donatelli G, Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Baker JP, Marohn MR, Kalloo AN.. Adhesion formation after peritoneoscopy with liver biopsy in a survival porcine model: comparison of laparotomy, laparoscopy, and transgastric natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES).. Endoscopy. 2009 Nov; 41(11): 971-8. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19866395. Publication Status: Published.
- Giday SA, Buscaglia JM, Althaus J, Donatelli G, Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Dray X, Ruben D, Liang D, Wroblewski R, Magno P, Shin EJ, Kalloo AN.. Successful diagnostic and therapeutic intrauterine fetal interventions by natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (with videos). Gastrointestiinal Endoscopy. 2009 Aug; 70(2): 377-81. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19523622. Publication Status: Published.
- Giday SA, Khashab MA, Buscaglia JM, Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Chen T, Kalloo AN, Canto MI, Okolo PI, Hruban RH, Jagannath SB.. Autoimmune pancreatitis: current diagnostic criteria are suboptimal.. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2011 Jun; 26(6): 970-3. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21299615. Publication Status: Published.
- Giday SA, Kim Y, Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Ducharme R, Liang DB, Shin EJ, Dray X, Hutcheon D, Moskowitz K, Donatelli G, Rueben D, Canto MI, Okolo PI, Kalloo AN. Long-term randomized controlled trial of a novel nanopowder hemostatic agent (TC-325) for control of severe arterial upper gastrointestinal bleeding in a porcine model.. Endoscopy. 2011 Apr; 43(4): 296-9. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21384319. Publication Status: Published.
- Krishnamurthy J, Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Baker JJ, Zhen W, Lydiatt D, Ganti AK. Salivary duct carcinoma responding to trastuzumab-based therapy: case report and review of the literature.. Head and Neck. 2013 Dec; 35(12): E372-5. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 23765450. Publication Status: Published.
- Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Rabiee A, Jagannath SB, Andersen DK. Delayed release pancrelipase for treatment of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency associated with chronic pancreatitis.. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management. 2009 Jun; 5(3): 507-20. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19707261. Publication Status: Published.
- Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Wise PE. Importance of surgical margins in rectal cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2016 Mar;113(3):323-32
- Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Forse RA. (2014). Epidemiology and Discrimination in Obesity ISBN 978-1-4939-1205-6. In Nguyen, N.T., Rosenthal, R.J., Ponce, J., Morton, J., Blackstone, R.P. (Ed.), The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery Vol1 ISBN 978-1493912056 Springer.
- Mukkai Krishnamurty D and Jagannath,SJ. (2011). Stricture Management and Detecting Cholangiocarcinoma in Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. In T. Bayless, S. Hanauer (Ed.), Advanced Therapy in Inflammatory Bowel Disease Vol 1 (pp. 569-576). Sheldon, CT: PMPH USA.
- CME event for GI Presentations at the Marriott Regency Hotel: "Fecal Incontinence" and "Anorectal Diseases"; "Practical Gastroenterology: An Update for Primary Care" , 2017
- D Mukkai Krishnamurty, AT Hawkins, KO Wells, MG Mutch, SC Glasgow, SR Hunt, S Dharmarajan Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Is Associated with Improved Survival in Locally Advanced Colon Cancer. Poster presentation at the 2016 ASCRS Annual Scientific Meeting, April 30 – May 4, 2016, Los Angeles, CA. Peer Reviewed.
- Kapoor,S, Krishnamurty,DM, Okolo,PI, Eckhauser,F, Kalloo,AN, Jagannath,SB. (2008). ERCP-Related Perforations: Analysis of Patient-Outcome after ERCP in over 2700 Patients.. Poster presented at: Digestive Disease Week; San Diego, CA. Peer Reviewed
- Krishnamurty,DM, Kapoor,S, Buscaglia,J, Jagannath,SB, Okolo, PI. (2008). Factors Associated with Increased Costs for Hospital Admissions due to Acute Pancreatitis.. Poster presented at: Digestive Disease Week; San Diego, CA. Peer Reviewed
- Krishnamurty,DM, Singh,VK, Lennon,AM, Okolo,PI, Canto,MI, Jagannath,SB. (2009). A Comparative Evaluation of Stent Malfunction Rates Among Biliary Conventional vs. Wing (Viaduct®) Stents. Poster presented at: Digestive Disease Week; Chicago, IL. Peer Reviewed
- Singh,V, Krishnamurty,DM, Lennon,AM, Okolo,PI, Canto,MI, Jagannath,SB. (2009). Endoscopic Dilation Prior to Plastic Stent Insertion Is a Risk Factor for Stent Malfunction in Benign Biliary Strictures. Poster presented at: Digestive Disease Week; Chicago, IL. Peer Reviewed
- Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Torgersen Z, Kallam A, Forse RA, Langenfeld SJ, Johanning JM Frailty predicts death, disability and institutionalization in patients undergoing elective colectomy (2015) Oral Presentation at American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons; Boston MA. Peer Reviewed
- Mukkai Krishnamurty D, Kapoor S, Eckhauser F, Kalloo A, Okolo PI, Jagannath S.. (2008). Management of post- ERCP perforation: experience from over 4100 ERCPs. Oral Presentation presented at: America College of Gastroenterology; Orlando, FL. Peer Reviewed
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Board Certified in General Surgery
Board Certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery
Current Research Projects
- Enhanced Recovery Pathways
Quality Improvement in Surgery