Family and Parents
Information for Family, Parents and Visitors
As a family or parent, you probably have a lot of questions about Creighton University and your child’s college experience. We have answers. If you don’t see what you need here, contact us.
An Important Role
Across Creighton, faculty and staff work together to create a community for all our students to thrive. We exist for students. We care about how they are doing in all aspects of their education—academic, social and more. And we understand that you, as a parent, have an important role in your child’s education and well-being.
The Office of Student and Family Support offers you and your Creighton student the resources to help navigate the college journey.
Contact The Student & Family Support Desk at 402.280.1212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Calendar
- Admissions Deadlines
- Authorized access to student information
- Career Center
- Confidentiality/privacy (FERPA)
- Division of Student Life
- Hotel information
- Housing/Residence Life
- Parking permits
- Payment and Registration Deadlines
- Shuttle and Transportation Services
- Student Care Clinic
- Student Counseling Services
- Student Handbook
- Tutoring (Success Center)
Creighton makes the safety of students and the campus community a top priority. Be prepared and in the know with these resources.
- CU Alert - Weather and Emergency Notifications
- Safety at CU
- Student Health Services
- Student Health 101 Online Magazine
- Office of Public Safety
- POM - Peace of Mind Safety Device - One-touch, instant access to Creighton University Public Safety or your friends and family
- Contact The Student & Family Support Desk at 402.280.1212 or email email@example.com.
Alcohol, Drug Abuse and Violence Education
Creighton University takes the education of its new students seriously, especially around issues such as alcohol, illegal drug use, prescription drug abuse, and sexual violence. The University has several resources for new students and families:
- Alcohol Education for Students
- Violence Intervention and Prevention Center - advocacy and violence prevention and education for Creighton students, faculty and staff
- A parent handbook for talking with college students about alcohol
Creighton alumna Judy Pritza, BSN’92, MSN’96, serves as the director of the Parent and Family Program for the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations and Donor Engagement.
She has been a leader in the Omaha community as a professional volunteer, fundraiser, and project and event manager for numerous Omaha organizations.
She has worked with the Aksarben Foundation, Children’s Hospital and Medical Center Foundation, Creighton Prep and Duchesne Catholic high schools, and St. Vincent de Paul Catholic church and school. She currently serves as president of Creighton’s Nursing Alumni Advisory Board, and was a founding executive member for the Leaders for Life event, which annually celebrates female leaders and helps support women’s athletics at Creighton.
Judy and her husband, Randy, BS’83, MD’87, have three children: Christopher, Class of 2022, Erin and Michael.
Strive to Thrive: Support Your Student
If you’re looking for a way to support your child’s transition to college, please encourage him or her to reach out to the Office of Student and Family Support with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The office connects students to services across campus for their academic, emotional, social, spiritual and financial needs.
If you are interested in and/or would like to join the Parent and Family Leadership Council, please contact us.
Judy K. Pritza
Director of Parent and Family Programs